Hello from the other side of the world.

Euro Civic L

Hi, I'm new to the forum and live in New Zealand, we moved here from Coventry 12 months ago.
New Zealand have just imported the Euro Honda Civic for the very first time and I ordered my Honda Euro Civic L in deep sapphire blue yesterday (Wednesday). I should have it by the 6th December. I sold my Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed GDi last week on Trade Me, NZ equivalent to Ebay and got $6k more than the dealer offered me to trade it in. The Honda dealer has loaned me an Accord 3.0 V6 until my new car arrives, you can't ask for better that that for customer service, plus I got a good deal on the car, the dealer agreed to pay the ORC (on road costs) and supply FOC a set of Civic mats, a lipped boot liner and a full tank of fuel.

Welcome to the site. I'm excited to see how your car looks. Any pics of what the car will look like, and the color?

Hi, This will be my very first Honda and they are not a make I'm very familiar with so I wouldn't know of the differences between the U.S model and the one I have, I can only guess that the one they have loaned me would be for the Australasia market. Most of the cars I see on the road in New Zealand have been imported from Japan. The home market is usually Ford & Holden. There are a lot more "older" cars on the road here that I'm used to back in the UK and the average Kiwi tends to favor the bigger engine. Smaller cars are becoming more the norm now as the cost of fuel rises. The bonus for the youngsters over here is that they don't require insurance by law so they aren't restricted to the small engine cars.
I will post some pictures once I have the car, the spec is awesome and has every gadget you could ever want in a car, except that is an NZ satnav system, I use my iPod with a Tomtom cradle for that so it's no big deal.

Hope this works, it's the best I can find at the moment.
images.jpg

Welcome........ I spent some time in Coventry (they call the midlands I think)......... nice place. Injoy New Zealand and your new car..........

Thanks Monk, you got it, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom. It used to be the home of the UK car industry, with the likes of Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Peugot, Rover being built there, not any more.
New Zealand is a lot different, we live on the wild west coast at a small town called Waiuku.:chopwood:

Thanks Monk, you got it, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom. It used to be the home of the UK car industry, with the likes of Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Peugot, Rover being built there, not any more.
New Zealand is a lot different, we live on the wild west coast at a small town called Waiuku.:chopwood:

TOO ... COOL

Looks good. We have "dyno blue pearl" here in the US/Canada. Looks to be a little bit lighter in color than yours maybe. We'll have to see pics when you get it.

Here's another picture,This is the S model with different alloys and no fog lights to the L i'm getting.
VTiS-Front-DeepSapphire.png

kind of the same thing happened with the 8th gen. Users in Japan were getting US parts and modifying their vehicles, while people in the US were trying to get the JDM stuff.

Back