Help with running tweeter wiring in my LX.

iAmCLo

Hello y'all. I'm in the process of adding component speakers to my 2013 Civic LX. This means I need to run tweeter wiring up to the a-pillar. I've got my crossovers setup in the doors, and woofers all installed. I feel like I've searched every thread, and I've seen people talk about this but it is still a bit unclear to me.

If I understand correctly, I need the tweeter wire from inside the door to run through the door boot into the footwell, and then it seems pretty easy to get it up to the a-pillar. There are probably already holes that are specifically for tweeters for higher models right? Meaning I shouldn't have to drill any holes in the molex connector. Anyone got a diagram or know which ones those are? (I guess it wouldn't even really matter.)

I think I've got the idea right, but I'm just looking for reassurance, and ANY pictures or videos that could make this more clear.

Also, if anyone has a-pillar tweeters for a 9th gen sedan with tweeter holes they could sell me that would be AMAZING. They are backordered from Honda and I've had so much trouble finding them. Specifically:
84105-TR3-A11ZB
84155-TR3-A11ZB

Thank you thank you!

try these

I haven't seen pics of anyone doing it on a LX, but I cannot imagine it being difficult if you had the a-pillar pieces that already have the tweeter holes from the premium models.

try these

I haven't seen pics of anyone doing it on a LX, but I cannot imagine it being difficult if you had the a-pillar pieces that already have the tweeter holes from the premium models.

Thank you Webby. I feel like I've seen your name a lot as I browsed previous posts. Cool to hear from you!

I have tried ordering online through this exact site as well as many others about 3 weeks ago. They ALL told me that the parts were backordered from Honda. So it seems no one can source them. I will reach out again today though in case that has changed.

I'm actually not too worried about getting the tweeters to fit and whatnot (it seems I'll have to enlarge the holes). The main source of (minor) confusion for me is running the wire through the door boot. I wasn't previously aware of the Molex connector there that I would have to run the wire through. I just didn't really anticipate everything that I would have to do.

Appreciate your input!

Well that sticks they said it was back ordered. I hate when sites don't show out of stock, and act like things can be ordered.

I'm not sure how you plan on wiring your setup, or what you're running to an amp? Are you replacing all of the stock speaker wiring? If you are, that would require you to run a cable through the rubber door boot to the lower driver door speaker. If you're reusing the stock wiring, you wouldn't need to worry about that boot. You'd just need to run a wire up to the new tweeter behind the plastic trim.

you could try these guys if you haven't, but maybe they're out of stock too

Yeah... I tried ~10 different sites but it seems they all source from the same places. I'll send an email to that one you just suggested since it's not one I've reached out to yet.

I'm going to use the wiring that's already there, but I do have to add the tweeter wiring since the LX doesn't have stock tweeters nor tweeter wiring. So if I understand correctly, I'll have to fish this wire through the wire housing alongside all the other wiring in the door, then put it through the Molex connector in the door boot, then go up from the footwell to the a-pillar tweeter location.

I will be adding an amp under the seat, which I believe I can just connect to the wiring behind the head unit (before the crossovers). Also will be adding a powered subwoofer under the seat as well.

If you're reusing the stock wiring, you wouldn't need to worry about that boot. You'd just need to run a wire up to the new tweeter behind the plastic trim.
Am I misunderstanding, or would this not work since I didn't have any tweeters or wiring to begin with? Or maybe this is assuming my crossovers are in the cabin? I've got my crossovers in my doors right now.

I gotcha. I didn't know if you were running the tweeter to the amp, or tapping into the oem door speaker wire (inside the cabin) and running a new wire up to the tweeter. I didn't realize your door speaker had a crossover

I'm realizing I probably should have connected my crossovers IN the cabin. Instead, I cut the wires near the speaker connections in the doors, and connected the crossovers there with a few feet of speaker wire into each door. Kinda realizing that may not have been the best decision. I think I'm going to put the crossovers in between the door and interior trim panel, and hopefully this California weather won't lead to any issues for the crossovers. Or maybe I'll rewire things, who knows??

It's been a long process since it's my first install, but I'm learning a lot and making progress.

Thank you again for your time and thoughts Webby. I appreciate it.

Back