Hi! Easy question to start with...

Buzzby

...what's this? It's got a bushing but doesn't appear to be attached to anything? Is it just a 'blanking plate' that's used in other models?163310880030389149043467558844.jpg

can I ask where you're located and what model/year/trim vehicle you have? It looks like your motor mount, but things aren't matching up for me. Can you explain where this is in the engine bay? Is this looking down into your bay? It looks similar to the left upper motor mount on non-si model r18 engines?

1633124596552.png

can I ask where you're located and what model/year/trim vehicle you have? It looks like your motor mount, but things aren't matching up for me. Can you explain where this is in the engine bay? Is this looking down into your bay? It looks similar to the left upper motor mount on non-si model r18 engines?

View attachment 63515
Hi, that's exactly where it is. It's just like the mount in your pic but with an extra bit on top. My car's a Civic 1.8 SE Plus 2014. Cheers Jo

Hi, that's exactly where it is. It's just like the mount in your pic but with an extra bit on top. My car's a Civic 1.8 SE Plus 2014. Cheers Jo
We do not have that model in North America. Basically everyone here is from Canada or the US. If you look at civinfo.com, they cater to the euro market civic models which are entirely different from ours.

So looks like they used the previous civic engine mount when they replaced it 06-11 civic instead of 12-15. very similar engine with some differences like the previous generation has a torque bar from that going to the firewall/somewhere. Newer civics don't have it. This passenger side motor mount is filled with a liquid which is known to deteriorate and cause vibrations into the cabin.

Is it a cause for concern? Maybe, both engines are similar and seems like it bolted up and if you don't have any vibrations it could be okay. On the other hand if you have a decent set of hand tools, jack w/ wood block, and ~$80 to spend I would just replace it. Different alignment between the two generations with body to engine could cause added wear on the other mounts...

You should have a r18z engine and previous gen was r18a... similar engines but there are differences

the euro version actually has that piece he's asking about. 2nd pic down shows the engine bay

is it some kind of harmonic damper/absorber? Ive seen random things in bushings bolted to other models to the same

Back