High Mileage.

Sinub

Southern California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys so I'm about to hit 45k. It dawned to me that in another 3 years I'll have 90k miles. SO my concern here is, those with high mileage on your cars already, what problems have you encountered? At what mileage do our motors start leaking whether its the oil pan, valve cover, what mileage do we start encountering any type of headache problems?

I know it depends on how you maintain your car, I for one am early on all fluid changes and I try to keep an eye out for things.

So please let me know what problems you have encountered.

There were 8th generation si owners who ran well over 200k miles without leaks/issues. Just regular oil/transmission fluid changes. Same can be said for countless rsx owners with the k series engine.

I'll also add I've had over 180k on k series honda engines without a single issue/leak.

Do your maintenance and your car will last longer than you want it to. Follow the big service intervals and have them done at the dealership even though they are expensive. Honda tends to replace things before they break so they don't cause an issue rather than waiting for a problem that might damage other things. e.g. water pump at 120k or so.

My accord had over 200,000 when I sold it, my brothers accord had 180k when he sold it, moms civic is at 160k, mines at 105k, wifes is 110k, and the beat up old element is just over 190k. No engine issues on a single one of those cars. The accords got cheap conventional oil for their entire lives too! The bodies and things like the calipers and brake lines got destroyed by NE winters with salt but other than that, those vehicles were all in superb running condition. I would have driven any one of them across the country without a second thought.

You're worried about 90k? Don't be! Your car is just getting settled in. Do your maintenance and stay on top of it.

Back