Honda NSX-GT Unveiled For Super GT500

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Toyota, Honda and Nissan have pulled the wraps off their new Super GT GT500 race cars that are set to compete from 2020.

Super GT and DTM are merging their regulations from the next season, resulting in a number combined races held in the respective championships. Under these regulations, vehicles must use 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engines mounted up front and delivering no more than 620 HP.

LXxpcJJ.jpg

In the middle vehicle, we have the Honda NSX-GT. Everyone knows that the road-going NSX is mid-engined, and so is the outgoing race car. To comply with the new regulations, the company had to move the engine to the front but retained the vehicle’s mid-engined proportions.

U7uX82b.jpg

TZzEvOk.jpg

Before the respective 2020 Super GT and DTM championships kick off next year, two special races will be held at the end of this year. In November, a special ‘Super GT x DTM Dream Race’ will be held where current Super GT manufacturers join Audi, BMW, and R-Motorsport Aston Martin for a race at Hockenheim. A fleet of 12 cars from DTM will then travel over to Japan to compete against the current field of Super GTs.

They all look very slow.

The Honda guy is the only one that looks the least bit happy.

there has been zero accomplished sense Rome ruled the would.:chopwood:

• Staff
Yeah I would have liked to see a pic of the engine bay. I’m surprised they didn’t talk more about that change.

Definitely an unusual requirement, but that's what engineers get paid for I reckon. Still looks like fun to me.

Back