Hood Struts

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
With all of the nice looking engine bays, I haven't seen anyone with hood struts installed. I really don't like the look of the factory hood prop rod.

Has anyone heard of any vendor making these for the 9th?

I've seen a few online for other years but not ours. Hmmmmm. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

I'll do more research. I think it would be a great addition. I had some in a previous car and I really liked them.

I've been waiting for these to come out, I'm going to jump on them

I emailed a company that makes them for all generations up to the 8th to see if they have any plans for ours. I'll let everyone know their response.

Reactions: 323
always had the prop in all my cars im used to it and i think im just gonna keep it that way lol. if there mad cheap ill buy a set

Anybody have updates on compatible or specifically designed hood struts?

Someone was trying to make some here in ga, I couldn't offer my car though,I'm not sure if it ever happened.

I think putting the arm near the back is fine,it keeps it away and wide open.

I saw my mechanic do it went over and looked t the car and said" no sh@@! I didn't know that.

Yes, you're right. I didn't realize until about a month ago that there was another spot at the back that could hold it up.
I didn't know that for months either lol
my intake and downpipe would've been much easier to install if I knew...

:giggle: You guys are silly. That was one of the first things I noticed when I popped the hood after getting the car. It always drove me nuts on my 03 LX that I couldn't open the hood more.

Back