How do I keep HFP Floor Mats looking Clean

jayt101

Hi All,

I've been using my RED HFP Floor Mats all summer and fall, and part of December. Unfortunately, before I got my winter rubber mats, it had already snowed here (I'm in Toronto), and I managed to get salt stains on my HFP carpets. They are also pretty dirty from excessive use over the summer. I really want to maintain the original look of it. How do I go about washing it to:
a) Remove salt stains
b) Remove all the dirt thats in the fabric of the floor mats?

Or should I call it quits and accept it will never look like the original when I purchased it? :(

I only use mine in the summer and it's almost a constant battle to keep them looking good. I shake mine out and vacuum once a week. I put my weather techs in at the start of September to avoid the mud and eventually snow/salt. Constant maintenance is really the best way to keep them looking good, but in reality your feet are always on them and moving your feet with the clutch and the brake will cause them to wear.

There are different methods to get salt out. Hot water and a bit of vinegar seems to work well if you can stand the smell. A steam cleaner is even better if you have access to one.

Back