How in the **** do you open the stock engine air filter on the 2013 si?

Loppysaurusrex

Theres only 2 tabs on the front sides and thats all I can see, I lift up and it only budges an inch, I'm afraid I'll break something if I pull harder and there's no information about this in the owners manual

This is from 8th civic forum, but it should be the same on our cars too. There are some clips in the back I remember correctly
kn3.jpg

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-...factory-stock-air-filter-k-n-one-10-pics.html

Did you undo the top hose that goes to the engine? If I remember correctly, you undo the clips and the top hose. Lift the front part of the airbox lid and the then it comes off. There is some type of "hinge" on the back side.

Did you undo the top hose that goes to the engine? If I remember correctly, you undo the clips and the top hose. Lift the front part of the airbox lid and the then it comes off. There is some type of "hinge" on the back side.
Yea I got it off but now I can't put it back on

The box

Well the hose is attached I never took it off and it literally won't go on

Try it without the air hose on. It will give you more movement of the box without the hose on.

I remember running into the same issue or clearance and removing the top of the box.

Just for anyone who ever Google's this

1) unscrew the hose and disconnect it
2) undo the 2 metal hooks on the sides
3) wiggle it out
4) replace air filter
5) attach the box back the way you removed it (this part takes a while) clip it back when done
6) reattach hose and screw it to tighten it

Had to remove my intake hose to lift the lid of the air box when I replaced my filter. Seemed like the easiest way to do it at the time.

Back