i dono

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
so i even dono if this is the right section so if a mod nees to move it feel free.

i have a 12 lx coupe i love the car BUT ive had it for a year and after being on here and what not ive really realized that im never going to get it to where i want it to be.... and i really dono what to do. i have this conection with this car that i just dont really know.... i wish i had gotten an si and i hate saying it because im really attached to this car.

im sorry for kind of venting guys but i just kinda needed to

Last edited:
The first step I would take is going to the dealership and talking numbers. See how you feel after leaving

It's also easy to fall into the "Jones' syndrome" , it's not like the world will end and you'll never have time to buy something else in the future if you still want.
Chil-x and enjoy your car..............

As webby quoted, where do you want your civic to be? There are plenty of great mods that will improve the looks, handling, comfort, convenience, you name it. If you want more performance than an lx can ever provide, then you need to find out which model/brand will get you to that point, wherever that is.

where i want to be is around stock si numbers with the room to grow. as it stands now whatever i do ill never see stock si numbers and thats with full bolt ons letalone surpass them. visually ive been looking in to finding a si wing because ive always drooled over them, fog lights which ive already thrown a decent chunk of change at and still need to install them even knowing they wont be as well integrated as well as stock, and i mean the sunroof would be a plus. as far as payments i know the si would be too much so.... lol man im just used to having a little bit of a more powerful car

I drove a 1990 Geo metro for 3 years, and would have killed to own a Civic lx instead. It's all relative.

:bleh:

38650320001_large.jpg

As webby quoted, where do you want your civic to be? There are plenty of great mods that will improve the looks, handling, comfort, convenience, you name it. If you want more performance than an lx can ever provide, then you need to find out which model/brand will get you to that point, wherever that is.

when i went down to get a new car i ALMOST bought a 12 dart rally with the 1.4 multi air turbo and now every time i see one i kinda wish i had. but back to my civic i do like it dont get me wrong i just wish it was a little more powerfull. i think the only option i have is to throw a full catback on it and install what i have waiting to go on

Your insurance would be more, monthly payments, requires premium gas, gets less miles per gallon, ....

While you'll be excited with a SI initially....look at how many SI owners are still trying to get more and more out of it with upgrades/mods. You'll always want more power when you get used to what you have. The cycle doesn't end.

valid point now just to find a decent catback for the r18

I think all R18 owners go through that phase. I know exactly how ypu feel, but i never think "wow this car sucks" while im driving. I think the more patient we are, the more stuff will be put for our cars and i think its worth it to wait it out and enjoy the gas mileage!

Reactions: Nix
I hear ya. I've debated, and checked w/dealers, and put it back to stock once to trade it, and didn't, and thought about it again. It can be a little frustrating but the thing to remember is....

Why did you get the car in the first place?

I wanted something that got me excellent mileage, cause I drive a lot, had to be A/T cause I like to eat on the way to work, and I love cruise control so I don't get a ticket. Also it had to be inexpensive, super reliable, & cheap on insurance. The LX ticked all those boxes for me. I am a little jealous of a sweet Si build thread sometimes.

Now that the car is paid off...... I know that I have a car that will last me 200K+ miles if I take care of it. I am currently saving for a truly impractical performance vehicle. Like a Miata with a corvette engine swap, or an old 240z with an R34 skyline engine, the RB26DETT fits!!!, so.....

Do some handling mods, get wheels and tires, play with the car, and decide what you really want. If you can pay the car off or get a great trade and you really really want an SI then get it. From what i've read I think you've got a few years to play with cars still.

Back