I don't like the color of the interior

Erouse91

image.jpg Please excuse my screenshot:pat: lol... But the tan color in this picture is exactly what I don't like in my car... So what I would like to know is is there anyway to change that part of the dash and console to another color? I'd love my entire interior to be black and blue to match my exterior which is the Dyno Blue and getting into my car every day with this color really throws me off.... Help? Anybody? PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

It would be a few hundred dollars but you could get the parts. Do you wanna know where you can get the parts? If you can get the parts? It's possible but gonna cost you coin.

I've also found that ordering some of these dash parts online can be really expensive. I was looking at a part that was 6"x9" and less than an inch thick, weighed in at a few ounces of plastic and they wanted $85 to ship on a $15 part.

I'd like to know my options to explore a little bit. I'm not too worried about spending the money on worthwhile parts, but I don't want to use paint as I've seen some other places because I'm not sure if later on I won't be trading in or selling so I'd like something tasteful that doesn't ruin the interior.

Oh. The dash on the Si and the non-Si with black interiors have the entire dash in black, OEM Honda parts. There seems to be 3 colors, beige, gray and black. Just have to sort out what parts you need, order them and install them. Having torn the dash apart on my car several times, it's totally possible to DIY. My quick searching yields most of the pieces you'd need spare one part, on the driver side immediately against the center console. The question would be if you needed to get the whole console assembly, 77100-TR6-C00ZE, which would be prohibitive in my book. That doubles the cost and more than doubles the complexity of fixing up the dash color.

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.com

Have you thought about plastidip for the certain panels? You could try black or even blue like you said just to see how it looks before you make the decision. The plastidip itself is very durable and wont flake/scratch easily. If you take all of the panels off and dip them, you could be done in less than 2 hours for a DIY. That way you could expiriment with blue or black or gray and then see where you want to go from there without it being permanent. Just my 2 cents

Hmm both options sound good. Thanks very much FooBird and VNPP. You guys have been very helpful. I will see about the black dash and ill probably experiment with the plastidip. I've never plastidipped anything myself so should i do a good number of coats or should i just do one or two. Also would plastidip ruin the plastic? If i dont like it and i take it off, i dont really want to have too much damage to the underlying surfaces.

Hmm both options sound good. Thanks very much FooBird and VNPP. You guys have been very helpful. I will see about the black dash and ill probably experiment with the plastidip. I've never plastidipped anything myself so should i do a good number of coats or should i just do one or two. Also would plastidip ruin the plastic? If i dont like it and i take it off, i dont really want to have too much damage to the underlying surfaces.

When i plastidip my emblems, i clean it then spray a light coat every 15 minutes in my garage. Usually 4-5 coats will do to get a nice smooth finish. Then give it 30 mins after the last coat to dry and you should be safe put the panels back on.

It dosent damage the plastic and is very durable, so if you like it, you can leave it on as long as you want, especially in the interior where there is no exposure to the weather. Very simple and inexpensive method that will last you a while! :)

I will say do not plasti dip any areas that you frequently touch. It will wear off pretty quickly. It seems to be incredibly durable stuff on the outside of my car but I did a little test on the interior, (radio knob) and it wears. Also as it gets worn it becomes increasingly hard to peel off and only little bits are left everywhere. Just a heads up on the plasti. If it's on the dash and not getting regularly touched it should be fine though. I don't know what happens to the stuff if it gets baked in the sun on a hot day though in terms of removal later.

I will say do not plasti dip any areas that you frequently touch. It will wear off pretty quickly. It seems to be incredibly durable stuff on the outside of my car but I did a little test on the interior, (radio knob) and it wears. Also as it gets worn it becomes increasingly hard to peel off and only little bits are left everywhere. Just a heads up on the plasti. If it's on the dash and not getting regularly touched it should be fine though. I don't know what happens to the stuff if it gets baked in the sun on a hot day though in terms of removal later.
@Dar-Dar may be able to chime in... he did his shift knob -
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/the-plasti-dip-pics-thread-d.4888/

I had it on my shift knob for like a week. It definitely made the feel more grippy. Plastidip can get stained or scuffed and is sometimes hard to clean. The best way to spray plasti dip, which is pretty much the same as any spray paint, is to heat the can before spraying. This way, the paint becomes thin and will be applied evenly without risking runs on the surface. I heat it well so that the can becomes almost hot enough to the touch. Lol.

I having some interior parts hydro dipped I'm black carbon fibre soon, I'll post pics when I get it done

I very much appreciate all of the input that people have been posting. This is an awesome forum and just reading the threads I can tell everyone here really cares about their cars and everyone is very helpful. I appreciate all of the assistance and I hope to be a forum member for quite a while. :thumbsup::hail::domokundance: You guys rock!!!

Have you tried looking at some local wrecking yards? I found a black 2013 sedan that was wrecked out here in Arizona. The interior was complete in the pics and it was black! Im sure shipping wouldnt be to bad lol. I'll try and find the name of the yard I saw it on Phoenix Craigslist.

Should of bought one that had black interior. Even if it was used. That's a huge thing for me I hate two tone or any color other than black. You can't go wrong with black.

Back