Installing external video device into iMID backup cam spot

Mac Ens

Manitoba, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
I'm looking to install a Raspberry Pi into my 2012 Civic EX Sedan, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience installing other video devices or backup cameras. Do I need to have 12V in for the iMID to detect the video signal or can I trigger it from 3.3V off of the Pi? I've seen a number of guides for back up cams splicing in to the tail lights, but I want to use mine while not in reverse. I'm planning on having a toggle switch hooked up the send and cut the power that way, I just wanted an easier way to power it instead of tapping another fuse for the 12v line. Any advice or insight would be nice.

I've looked into this myself and made it possible by hooking up the signal wire to the accessory fuse (#23) and then to a switch, so I can hit the switch, the screen changes and shows whatever you have connected to the video signal.

I can't think of any other way to trigger it except by tapping a fuse.

I've looked into this myself and made it possible by hooking up the signal wire to the accessory fuse (#23) and then to a switch, so I can hit the switch, the screen changes and shows whatever you have connected to the video signal.

I can't think of any other way to trigger it except by tapping a fuse.
would you be able to mock up a diagram on how the wiring would look for this?

Back