Intake resonator

Bulkybear

Just curious if you can remove it from under the hood or do you "have" to take the wheel and wheel well off.

Ok thanks for the quick response. Going to be tackling this this weekend :)

Took me an hour but that's because I've never taken down a fender well before. I'm the future it definitely would be a 15-30 minute job. Thanks for the help and the link to that amazing diy. :D

Reactions: Nix
Took me an hour but that's because I've never taken down a fender well before. I'm the future it definitely would be a 15-30 minute job. Thanks for the help and the link to that amazing diy. :D

:thumbsup:

Ok. Drove the car this morning. Intake sound is only slighty more than stock. Barely noticable. A tad more noticable when in vtec. Vtec crossover is more audible. It did gain a couple of hp though. While its not enough of a gain to be faster it does feel like the car has an easier time being that fast. Revs a little faster and smoother. You can definitely tell it has an easier time breathing. All in all its a definite improvement that you will notice. Next up will have to be a k&n drop in.

Ok. Drove the car this morning. Intake sound is only slighty more than stock. Barely noticable. A tad more noticable when in vtec. Vtec crossover is more audible. It did gain a couple of hp though. While its not enough of a gain to be faster it does feel like the car has an easier time being that fast. Revs a little faster and smoother. You can definitely tell it has an easier time breathing. All in all its a definite improvement that you will notice. Next up will have to be a k&n drop in.

Thanks for the update. I may give it a go today. Did you wind up removing the tire?

Yes bit it was very easy. There are 2 pop clips under the bumper you have to remove that aren't in the diy (diy says 3 but mine had 2). It was very easy. A free mod that has a noticable improvement, that's a damn good mod.

What's the purpose of the resonator and if its better without it why did honda put it on in the first place?
basically, it's for sound control. without the resonator, some of the frequencies that come through at certain rpms may become loud enough to cause rattling. since jd power scores are based on "customer issues" whether they are truly defects or not, they do their best to mitigate any complaints like that.

Finally got around to doing this mod this morning. It was very easy when following the DIY. I have the exact outcome as above. I'll keep it off for a while since the powerband feels much smoother.

Back