Interchanging Sedan and Coupe Backseat Headrests

trustdestruction

Tampa, FL
Has anyone tried interchanging sedan and coupe backseat headrests? Specifically, putting coupe backseat headrests into the sedan.

The coupe has lower profile headrests that look better IMO and could also increase rear windscreen visibility if used in the sedan. I'm just wondering if the contours of the headrest fit with the contours of the seat back when placed in the sedan. Or, if anyone has done this (I doubt it) and has pictures and/or advice.

The center headrest may not really need to be changed to complete the look, and may even block the sedans armrest since the coupe's headrest was designed for a seat back with no fold-away armrest.

Here's the part number differences:
2012 (L/R) headrest sedan Si 82140-TR6-A81ZA
2012 (L/R) headrest coupe Si 82140-TS8-A81ZA
2012 (center) headrest sedan Si 82940-TR6-A81ZA
2012 (center) headrest coupe Si 82940-TS8-A81ZA

Coupe:
ag_12civicsi_rearseat.JPG

Sedan:
Rear-Seats.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone owns a coupe and sedan or has a friend closeby that owns the opposite body style, I would love to see how it looks in the sedan with coupe headrests.

Last edited:
If we get a sedan at the next meet, I'll be sure to give it a try for you and let you know how it goes. I believe it should fit fine but I want to double check.

If we get a sedan at the next meet, I'll be sure to give it a try for you and let you know how it goes. I believe it should fit fine but I want to double check.
Thanks. If you could take a picture I would appreciate it. I think it will fit, but even if it does i'm unsure if it will look right.

Of course. I intended on taking pictures anyway. We meet up on Thursdays so I'll let you know if we've had any luck by then. It's not too often we get 9th gens around but the ones that occasionally come are sedans so it should work out perfectly if they come. jnastii I'm lookin at you boi!

Lol I have both body style 12'civics, a 13'accord, and a 13' odyssey if you guys wanna want me to test this out, which did you want to swap out? The headrest never bothered me but I know to many it does.

Lol I have both body style 12'civics, a 13'accord, and a 13' odyssey if you guys wanna want me to test this out, which did you want to swap out? The headrest never bothered me but I know to many it does.
I would like to see the rear passenger and rear driver side headrests from a 9thgen Civic coupe swapped into the 9thgen Civic sedan. Thanks!

Last edited:
My mom took the civic away for the weekend so I didnt get a chance to do it yet. But will be coming over and doing it in 3-4 hours.

Well guys, so I tested it out 1 hour ago that the rear of coupe and sedan head rest IS interchangeable but since the sedan rear headrest is larger than the coupe, it barely clears the rear windshield on the coupe. The sedan is perfectly fine. Only reason why I see a sedan should do this is if they want to see more our their rear windshield. And of course the rear and front headrest are not interchangeable

Last edited by a moderator:
thx for testing it out. I know he said he wanted the coupes in his sedan, so that'd work for him.

Oh. Well I was thinking about actually buying the headrests which is why I was looking for pics. Without seeing pics first I'm probably not going to buy them.

Back