Interior Door Handle Upgrade?

Rick Lupert

Van Nuys, California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX-L Navigation
Body Style
Sedan
Howdy,

Just replaced my 2000 Civic EX Coupe (which I bought new in 2000!) with a 2013 EX-L Navigation Sedan (Polished Metal Metallic Exterior, Black Leather Interior). Love almost everything about it...but I'm not a fan of the interior plastic door handles...they feel awfully cheap and a downgrade from what I had on the 2000 model. Wondering if there are any aftermarket upgrades available for interior doorhandles...maybe an actual metal with chrome finish to match the faux chrome elsewhere in the car.

Thanks for your advice!

Rick

welcome to the site... can't say I've seen any different door handle upgrades :sadwavey:. Any pics of your new ride?

Welcome...... I'm not a fan of a lot of things that are made from plastic, when they're used daily under stress. Though my car is new so I'm not having problems with any of it yet.

Howdy,

Just replaced my 2000 Civic EX Coupe (which I bought new in 2000!) with a 2013 EX-L Navigation Sedan (Polished Metal Metallic Exterior, Black Leather Interior). Love almost everything about it...but I'm not a fan of the interior plastic door handles...they feel awfully cheap and a downgrade from what I had on the 2000 model. Wondering if there are any aftermarket upgrades available for interior doorhandles...maybe an actual metal with chrome finish to match the faux chrome elsewhere in the car.

Thanks for your advice!

Rick

Last time I checked. 2000 civic has very cheap interior door handles. I don't understand your issue.....

Yeah the 13's are a complete upgrade compared to the 2000

Last time I checked. 2000 civic has very cheap interior door handles. I don't understand your issue.....

The 2013 interior handles feel much cheaper and much more obviously plastic to me than the 2000. It's something I never noticed in the last 13 years of driving the 2000 but something which was immediately apparent to me when I got the 2013. Those 2013 interior handles remind me of the plastic on my 4 year old's play-kitchen. So my issue is a personal preference basically and I'm wondering if there are any upgrades, after-market or otherwise, available.

Last edited:
Yeah the 13's are a complete upgrade compared to the 2000

Yeah, no doubt overall...but I just don't like the interior door handles...so regardless of whether they're better or worse than the 2000 from anyone else's perspective, I don't like 'em...

Just to set the story straight, are you talking about the part you "have" to pull to open the door, or the part peeps use to close the door?

gal_lg2.jpg

think he's referring to the plastic silver piece used to open the door ^^...

Its a door handle. In a Honda civic. Want a luxurious feel? Buy a luxury car. Lol.

This is why the civic got bad reviews. People like this that forget its a Honda civic. Not a 50k dollar Lexus.

To answer your question. No there are no aftermarket alternatives.

I will say that my 01' accord had very nice metal door pulls on the inside. Chrome too. They definitely had a nice feel to them. They carried a little weight you could feel.

I was talking about the interior handle you use to open the door from the inside. I hear you Sleeping Panda...but again my point here was that the ones I had on the 2000 didn't feel cheap...and I do feel like those pieces stand out, from the rest of the car which is pretty nicely appointed etc as kind of toy-like.

So if there is nothing aftermarket available then that's the answer...thanks for chiming in everyone.

Rick

Back