Ipad as media hub/navi

MyOtherCarIsACivic

Does anyone here do this? If you connect an ipad via the usb connector, can you retain functionality of the ipad as to be able to use gps, or would I have to go the route of playing music through the quarter inch jack, hence losing the steering wheel control ability? I ask because I know that on most cars, once you plug in your apple device, it is only functional as a music player. If this is the case with honda, perhaps there is an App for that?!

If I'm not mistaken, you can plug in an ipod/iphone to the usb and it'll charge the unit. It'll go into the music when you switch the radio source to usb. If you don't have the radio set to usb, you should be able to use your iphone/ipod to open up google maps or other apps. I would imagine the ipad acts the same way as they're both running apple iOS operating systems. I'm not sure if that answers your question though?

I was wanting to be able to play music on the ipad as well as have my maps app running at the same time, but I guess it doesn't work that way..

I just did a test, and it seems it will display maps while it's playing songs. I do not have a 9th gen to test in though, but I would imagine it will be identical for you. I just read iOS6 uses location data off cell towers and gps signals to locate your position if you do not have a 3g ipad. It supposedly works pretty well, although I have no experience with the new apple maps. I know it received a lot of bad press when it was released.

Back