Is the Modern Steel Metallic Purple/Lavender in the sun?

Been reading a lot about this on the internet. Seems like several people mention that it has a purple shade/hue to it under certain lighting. I saw one on the road the other night around dusk and I did in fact notice that the color turned into a shade of very light lavender. It's totally gray during the day though. I just want to settle this once and for all.

So all MSM owners and Civic (and Accord) fans, what do you think? As a guy, I'm not so sure I want to be driving around in a lavender colored car. Might go with the black.

Note: MSM is NOT the same as polished metal. MSM is new for the Civic in 2014. It has however been a color on the Accord's for years

HIdlMRZ.jpg

I truly don't. I never would have said it reminds me of lavender or purple.

The metallics Honda is using do cause some weird appearances in color at dawn and dusk. My car looks straight up teal or a deep dark blue occasionally.

at sunset the blue can look teal... I've seen that happen first hand.

Sun light + dust + pollen makes it look brown to me. Closer to the coffee color they offer.

It is gray 90% of the time IMO but the other 10% in certain sunlight, especially the later hours of the afternoon (dusk) the lavender comes out. It's a much more dynamic gray compared to the Polished Metal color which is just straight up gray.

I traded in my white 13 Si and they tried to get me to get the white or black 15 So cause that's all they had. I told them I'd wait for the MSM and I think it'll be worth it. I get the car in 2 more days and I'll post some pictures.

I guess it would depend on what you perceive to be purple but I don't see any hues of purple on my MSM sedan.

My MSM occasionally has that purple tint to it depending on the sun. But 90% of the time it's gray. The mother in law said it looks purple too in the sun.

Back