Just installed Hella Horns now door lock "chirp" is reversed.

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
Hi everyone.
This is my very first post so please bare with me. I have a 2014 Civic Si. It has the push button start system that sounds an electronic "chirp" when locking the doors. I just installed the Hella Twin Supertones. Since installing the Hella's the "chirp" now sounds when unlocking the doors. I have checked my wiring and can't figure out why the chirp would reverse itself. Any ideas?

Got it figured out. Apparently the beeper does not sound when the doors are locked if the hood is not latched properly. I also didn't recall the beeper sounding when it is unlocked but I guess it is a default setting. Everything is working as it should and the horns sound so much better than the OEMs.

Got it figured out. Apparently the beeper does not sound when the doors are locked if the hood is not latched properly. I also didn't recall the beeper sounding when it is unlocked but I guess it is a default setting. Everything is working as it should and the horns sound so much better than the OEMs.
Welcome!
As far as beeping to unlock, if mine is like the others, all I hear is the sound of the door unlocking. Mine doesn't beep to lock unless I hit the lock button twice.
But it sounds like it's working correctly........... Was your hood only closed on the safety catch when it wasn't working correctly?

This situation reminds me of when I installed LEDs in my DRLs. I started the car and checked to see if the lights were working. Nothing. Checked the harness and everything. All good. Couldn't figure it out. Finally I put the emergency brake down and low and behold the DRLs came on. Who knew!?!

Last edited:
Welcome!
As far as beeping to unlock, if mine is like the others, all I hear is the sound of the door unlocking. Mine doesn't beep to lock unless I hit the lock button twice.
But it sounds like it's working correctly........... Was your hood only closed on the safety catch when it wasn't working correctly?

Before I buttoned everything up I wanted to test everything to make sure it all worked. So I tried it all out with the bumper still off and the hood up. It never occurred to me that things would work right with the hood up. And you are right about it only beeping when the lock button is pushed twice. Its the button on the door handle with keyless entry option that beeps when it lock/unlocks

Back