just installed the skunk2 cai...

Pat Mills

Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I installed the skunk2 cai last night and now im getting a charging system error and a check emissions message. I tested the battery while the car was on and off and it maintains 12v when off and 14v when on. Did anyone else have this problem?

I did. I got the P0172 system running to rich, I got the hondata. but I have yet found anyone that knows how to use it. So I have been running a CEL for a year. Well other than someone saying just plug it in to a PC download ReFlash and plug in your car.....

I did. I got the P0172 system running to rich, I got the hondata. but I have yet found anyone that knows how to use it. So I have been running a CEL for a year. Well other than someone saying just plug it in to a PC download ReFlash and plug in your car.....

Why not get your car tuned? That would be a start

Are you running the reflash?

I would advise tuning. You'll end up with a burnt bulb from the cel being on so much and then never know if you do have issues down the road that need addresses. I know people who did that kind of thing or left their cruise button on 24-7. It eventually burns out.

Why not get your car tuned? That would be a start
I wanted to do it myself. I really did not pay 700$ for the hondata. Just to take it to someone and pay them to do something I wanted to do myself. And plus the closest shop near me that i could find is 2 hours away. And charge WAY to much.

I wanted to do it myself. I really did not pay 700$ for the hondata. Just to take it to someone and pay them to do something I wanted to do myself. And plus the closest shop near me that i could find is 2 hours away. And charge WAY to much.

Vitviper will tune you fully for like 100 or so bucks

I would advise tuning. You'll end up with a burnt bulb from the cel being on so much and then never know if you do have issues down the road that need addresses. I know people who did that kind of thing or left their cruise button on 24-7. It eventually burns out.
i have been trying to find someone that knows the Hondata Program that can point me in the right way so I can tune my car.

i have been trying to find someone that knows the Hondata Program that can point me in the right way so I can tune my car.
I'd advise against that as well. Do you really want to run the risk of blowing your engine trying to learn the program? Many people will confirm that they get upwards of 30+ map revisions from vit to complete the tune... and he's been doing it for years.

I'd advise against that as well. Do you really want to run the risk of blowing your engine trying to learn the program? Many people will confirm that they get upwards of 30+ map revisions from vit to complete the tune... and he's been doing it for years.
no that is why I have not touched anything yet. To find Vitviper I am sure he is on this forum right

Back