Jake LXer

Jaykwabee and the R18
New York
Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
sedan
ive got a 2014 civic lx, R18Z1 manual trans

Recently I got stuck in my girlfriends driveway, one wheel on pavement and one spinning on grass....I wasn't beating the crap out of it but I was riding the clutch a lot trying to just inch forward and backwards after finally getting out I noticed a loud knocking that is still persistent it's coming from lower mid engine I wanna say right above where the downpipe meets the mid pipe

It is noticeable while rolling to a stop(in neutral,I never hear it in gear)and most audible while completely stopped
I've read it could be an auto tensioner pulley on some other websites and I just need some input from you guys before I jack the car up and figure it's something other than the source of the noise

I'm trying to post a video but it's fighting me

Upload the video to YouTube and paste the link to the vid. It'll embed the video automatically.

so that's just idle in park or neutral? If you rev the engine does it increase the knock with rpm?

hopefully someone else will have some feedback. I really don't know

I hope so, thank you for looking into it webby. There are videos with the same exact noise and the culprit is the auto tensioner pulley but again I'm not trying to assume...I didn't hear the noise at all today on my way to and back from the gym

So @webby, today i had my car jacked up to take off front bumper (was deleting the amber corners in the headlight) and i saw the culprit of the noise...it was the lower tie bar (or whatever the aftermarket name for it is) and it was touching the exhaust mid pipe....bent the bar down and the noise was gone!

Back