Leather wipes makes steering wheel slick...

paulga

I just cleaned steering wheel using Meguiar rich leather wipes (one wipe). The effect looks good, a shiny richness with a healthy luster. but the wheel is now oily and slick. I really like the look and touch of a new steering wheel instead of a shiny and slick one. So what next? should I follow with QID?
Another question is an oily spot on rear left door. As I heard baby wipes is gentle so I scrubbed that area with one. the effect is not so good, for that area still looks dull, and it looks like the baby wipes is oily itself... should that area be treated asap to prevent further harm to clearcoat?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I'd run a clean/dry microfiber towel over the wheel to soak up any residue. I've only ever run a wipe over the wheel to clean/condition... then wipe it off with a clean microfiber to get rid of any excess. The last thing you want is a wet/slick steering wheel.

I'd run a clean/dry microfiber towel over the wheel to soak up any residue. I've only ever run a wipe over the wheel to clean/condition... then wipe it off with a clean microfiber to get rid of any excess. The last thing you want is a wet/slick steering wheel.
Thanks for reply, that makes sense, I'll try later.

Back