LED bulbs finally installed

Whoa. The 9thgens only require 1 LED bulb for the license plate light? Are they still 194 LEDs?

These are pretty simple to install. You spend more time opening the trunk. :giggle:

:dancing:
Whoa. The 9thgens only require 1 LED bulb for the license plate light? Are they still 194 LEDs?

These are pretty simple to install. You spend more time opening the trunk. :giggle:
Very simple. Only one bulb. Yes they are still 194's. I am working on my story to convert the rest of the rear end into LED's. I have 5-1/2 months to plead my case for Christmas.

Looks nice. Obviously you need to swap to LED's cause they are brighter, therefore safer. Also they light up quicker than standard bulbs giving other drivers more time to react. Safety first!

Last edited:
Are there laws that very from state to state on the use of these for plate lights? Just curious. Those look great!

I believe BMWs come with led license plate lights from factory.

It varies per state but I know that rear lights should only be white yellow and red. With the exception for reverse lights for rears all the others cannot be white in the taillightsbecause it portrays headlights and the headlights cannot have red because it portrays taillights. License plate lights are used to enhance the definition of the plates or youre just asking to be pulled. ie blue red green etc

Back