Led guidance

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys. My break light went out and I had to buy a new one so I have my interior with Philips LED and I love them. I wanted to stick with Philips LED so I purchased their 7443 red and it works great. I was planning on changing my 3rd breaks light. The bulb says 7440. Just want to check if anyone changed that on theirs with LED.

My last question. I wanted to concert my turn signals to LED from Philips. Which are Amber 7443. Philips makes a canbus. Has anyone used this and does it work no problem and last the total time of bulb life? I don't want to buy this only to burn something out within months.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

some have done blinking 3rd brake lights, but yes 7440/7443 will work.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/blinking-brake-lights.15564/

as for turn signals -
We don't really recommend LED's in turn signal applications because they run at a reduced power. This often can cause the hyper-flashing (fast blink) or generate light out indicators on vehicles. The only fix for this would be to wire in resistors to your vehicle wiring to simulate the difference in the load.

John

if you want to trick the car, you can get load resistors like this from TRS
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-led-load-resistor.html

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the 7440 led red from Philips. Can't wait to.get it to replace the original bulb on my 3rd break light.

As for the turn signal, thereteofitsource canbus sounds like quality but I don't want to risk it just for looks. Might just replace it with regular halogen bulbs when they burn out. When I have my bimmer I purchased these metallic painted bulb which looked great and where very slightly dimmer than OEM. Not enough to deter.me.from buying them again. Might try that option. I would like the I start on/off turn lights but don't want to worry about something failing. The yellow bulb in the rear and front corners though... That I would like to.see.if I can change.

With the snow here in NJ I'm waiting to wash the car.as.i have made some cool mods and can't wait to post pics.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back