Lights after brake fluid flush

Matsweeper

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys, so today I decided to do my brake fluid flush. I purchased oem dot 3 brake fluid and followed directions from YouTube.

Anyway all went well. However when I start the car, I get steering wheel light warning, hill assists earning, vsa warning. Stays on for about 10 seconds and then goes off. What do you think could be causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem solved. Once I shut the car off I pumped the brakes until it got real stiff. Next time I tuned the car in, it was error free!

Btw when I was doing the flush, the car was on while I was telling my cousin to press the brakes. Should the car have been off?

Ugh! I did it with the car on. Well it runs well and no warning signs. I will do that next time. I will be doing that to my wife's mdx soon. LOVE working on my car. "IF" I were to ever strip the bleeder nipple, is it a simple replacement or big deal,

Reactions: Nix
Ugh! I did it with the car on. Well it runs well and no warning signs. I will do that next time. I will be doing that to my wife's mdx soon. LOVE working on my car. "IF" I were to ever strip the bleeder nipple, is it a simple replacement or big deal,

If you're asking if it's a big deal to replace the bleeder, not at all. Once you get the old one loose, spin it all the way out and put the new one in. Bleed the system.

If ur taking off the bleeders might as well get some speed bleeders.

:yeahthat: While your at it get yourself a set of metric line wrenches. They are designed to grip more sides of fittings like that so that you minimize the risk of rounding the fitting. You can get a set from harbor freight or your local lowes or home depot for less than 20 bucks.

Back