Looking For Mod Suggestions

the_fenix_25

Vehicle Model
CIvic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I am also looking to start modifying, although my warranty is up, so I'm looking for a more robust exhaust note, performance rims and tires, and some modest power adders. Does anyone know where to start?

exhausts ^

downpipes ^ (really need hondata flashpro/custom tune or kpro/custom tune with a downpipe)

tires

^ old ride of the month listings if you want to get ideas of what others have done & how certain wheel sizes look

intakes ^ (some require flashpro/tune or kpro/tune to run properly)

welcome to the site

if you want to add power first thing you need to buy is a flashpro. even with no mods you can get decent boost in power with a good e tune. from there you can start adding bolt ons.

I am also looking to start modifying, although my warranty is up, so I'm looking for a more robust exhaust note, performance rims and tires, and some modest power adders. Does anyone know where to start?
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info around. I'd say Flashpro should be your first mod. Like the others mentioned, you'll need it for any power adders down the line. It was my first purchase and I don't regret it one bit.

eBay cold air intake. 58 shipped. Dope

Racelands $399 shipped.
A number of “brand name” intakes even lost power over oem without hondata and a tune. I would not trust that to make power.

Racelands are that price for a reason. Look around here and other forums and you’ll come across a lot of broken/completely cracked springs and shocks.

How 'bout a Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood?

200.gif

To substitute those items above for safer options, yes-- Webby is right. Racelands are not a safe investment to make; A cheaply constructed coilover can make your car very dangerous to drive for the money you save.

If you'd like an Affordable coilover to start with, I can recommend Tein's Street Basis, Godspeed's Mono-SS, Megan Racing's EZ II Street, or Truhart. There are more brands that throw their hat into the ring as you go up the payscale, but these are the ones I see most often on 9ths.

Intakes for this generation of Civics in general aren't of much use unless you're boosting. The panel filter is pretty good for the most part-- unless you want an audible induction sound when you accelerate.

Civics tend to favor suspension/ handling mods in the thought-space of 'bang for buck'.

To substitute those items above for safer options, yes-- Webby is right. Racelands are not a safe investment to make; A cheaply constructed coilover can make your car very dangerous to drive for the money you save.

If you'd like an Affordable coilover to start with, I can recommend Tein's Street Basis, Godspeed's Mono-SS, Megan Racing's EZ II Street, or Truhart. There are more brands that throw their hat into the ring as you go up the payscale, but these are the ones I see most often on 9ths.

Intakes for this generation of Civics in general aren't of much use unless you're boosting. The panel filter is pretty good for the most part-- unless you want an audible induction sound when you accelerate.

Civics tend to favor suspension/ handling mods in the thought-space of 'bang for buck'.
huh??
1620654537618.png

Back