Loose battery terminal?

Redrocket1

Kalamazoo, MI
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I just got done installing new PIAA lows and yellow fogs (looks sweet). Only hitch, is that my positive battery terminal won't fit snug to the post anymore, even though the nut is tight. To my knowledge, the positive terminal has only been disconnected twice ever, so I'm thinking of having the dealership take a look at it. Any idea if this would be covered by warranty, or would they try to blame me for overtightening it or something? And how extensive would that repair be?

Thanks!

Same here I just ended up going to autozone to get like a battery cap that you put on the battery post that makes the post bigger and I never had this problem anymore

Thanks but that sounds like something I would have done on my '99 which was obviously not under warranty. Warranties are a pretty new thing to me, so I'd like to take advantage of it if I can... This car is practically brand new.

I just went out and looked at mine, all you need to do is take the clamp off the terminal and bend the right-angle back(easily) so it will provide pressure when you retighten.
Also it looks like the clamp itself is just bolted on to the end of the pos cable, so a replacement if needed should be cheap(if you need to pay for it).

My guess in these cases since the clamp is made of monkey-meat that it doesn't take much to over tighten.

Every time we strip small threads and over do other things(ask me how I know), the more we remember not to do that....:D

Reactions: Nix
Thanks for checking. My clamp is actually twisted at a 45 degree angle. Is yours like that too?

I had a loose connection at one time too. I would try to sort it out yourself. If it doesn't work, take it to the dealership. Worse that can happen is they say no, not covered.

Back