Media: Civic Si Race Car Transformation Video

so someone with an account with HPD needs to provide info on the high flow cylinder head. If you look at the race exhaust they show in the video, it shows 4 exhaust ports.

vmcguy - since you're doing stuff with honda, can you shed some light on the head?

i love looking at all the parts on that site....if only i could get my hands on some

3:11 he starts talking about the engine/head - and at like 3:35 they start showing the exhaust.

You can't, as that exhaust wouldn't bolt up to the stock engine put in your car. Countless sources claim there is no replacement head that will bolt up to the k24 bottom properly (without an integrated exhaust manifold). They're using a different head on the engine so that they can run that exhaust. I wanted vmcguy to see if he could find out info on that head design.

vmcguy - since you're doing stuff with honda, can you shed some light on the head?

HPD doesn't offer a "high flow cylinder head" but what they do offer and we have sitting in the shop waiting to go into our new car is a header for an engine with K20/24A head so people who would rather run that setup can. Also when you buy an HPD race engine it is an A2.

That header is the one that we will be using in our car.

so they're not using the current Si engine,...lovely

Back