MMA Talk

the sound when it snapped. :barf:

so much can be summed up in this picture.
350x700px-LL-cdebaa0f_silvaonstretcher.jpeg

That's it for Silva. I was hoping that he win the belt back and retire that way. Not like this...

there was talks that weather he won or lost last night, he would retire. Being 38 and having an injury like that. I just cant see him coming back. He under went surgery last night and they said it was a success. recovery from it is 4-6 months.

Edit: SMH

Last edited:
He should break his leg and try to fight...

Under strict regulation, the UFC cannot and will not allow a fighter to continue fighting if the officials know about a known injury or a broken body part. Like when Tim Sylvia broke his arm from Frank Mir's arm bar or when Nogueira dislocated his shoulder via Frank Mir's kimura, Meisha Tate breaking her arm, Korean Zombie dislocating his shoulder, etc, etc.

That guy in the vid does not know what he is talking about unless he knows how much it hurts to dislocated a joint or break a major bone in his body.

I forgot to mention eye pokes, very bad cuts, illegal blows are the minor things that can easily stop fights,

I guess he wants to retire with the belt around his waist. A bone recovery for a 38 year old won't compare or won't be as quick as the bone recovery that the NCAA basketball player (the one who snapped his leg) had to go through. After a full recovery, he'll need to take time and do physical therapy for several months, then do training. Like the person said in the vid, he'll probably end up being around 40 years old when he starts fighting again. A two year break will probably be like relearning to ride a bike.

You know, something like this can happen to Jon Jones. Jon Jones isn't known for having tree trunk legs. Lol.

And a word from El Guapo:

He has a point though. Silva is pretty notorious for unorthodox inside leg kicks.

BTW, Silva made $600,000 and Weidman made $400,000 on UFC 168.

This is a very cool documentary. To see the subtitles, click the CC button on the video player and set to English.

Tomorrow will be awesome!

UFC is full of it. They'll get low ratings now with this UFC Fight Pass...

Back