My First Honda

sawthetha

Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hi everybody! I've been lurking around for a little while now, and I thought I'd introduce myself and show off my new car! As you can probably tell already, I got a Taffeta White Si Sedan. I'm coming here from a base Volkswagen GTI, so I'm loving all the niceties this car has.

So far, my mods have been pretty simple:
LED Interior Lighting Swap
35% Tint
Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs
Philips HIR Low Beams

I am looking to add a few more subtle touches to set my car apart from other Civics on the road like amber turn signal overlays in the back. I'm also looking to upgrade the sound system without changing the factory head unit (any advice on this would be wonderful). And once I've recouped some money, a K&N SRI :)

0vbVLNl.jpg

^ The first time I laid my eyes on it

KMzXHrc.jpg

^ Had a quick photoshoot with a friend

fSpkq6h.jpg

^ Aforementioned friend's Subaru with my old GTI

jIXeLJj.jpg

^ Aforementioned friend's Subaru with my new Si :) (we got a little creative here :P)

And once I've recouped some money, a K&N SRI :)

I have the K&N intake on my 2012 civic si and I really felt the difference in power right away. I'd definitely recommend it. Congrats on the car. Looks great!

Last edited:
I have the K&N intake on my 2012 civic si and I really felt the difference in power right away. I'd definitely recommend it. Congrats on the car. Looks great!

Thanks! And I've definitely been hearing good things about it. Did you notice a change to the engine note? I'm hoping it's noticeably throatier.

Keep us posted when you get your K&N SRI. Just watched that video you posted...it looks tempting

Last edited:
:love: I'm in love.. the install looks easy enough - did you have any troubles when/if you installed it?

The install was pretty straight forward but it did take me 2 hours to do it. That's because I've never installed an intake before and had to read the instructions very carefully....if I knew about the video instructions at the time, it might have helped. But now that I've done it, I'm pretty sure I could do it in under an hour. If you're familiar with cars and have worked under the hood, it should be a piece of cake. But even without experience definitely do-able but will just take a little longer obviously.

Last edited:
Keep us posted when you get your K&N SRI. Just watched that video you posted...it looks tempting

Yeah, for sure. Hopefully this happens sooner rather than later.

The install was pretty straight forward but it did take me 2 hours to do it. That's because I've never installed an intake before and had to read the instructions very carefully....if I knew about the video instructions at the time, it might have helped. But now that I've done it, I'm pretty sure I could do it in under an hour. If you're familiar with cars and have worked under the hood, it should be a piece of cake. But even without experience definitely do-able but will just take a little longer obviously.

This is reassuring. I'm not that handy with tools, but I'm definitely getting more experience with this car.

I honestly wonder how it compares to a resonator delete.

That I can't answer because I don't know what that is lol....don't know as much about cars as I'd like. Only started playing around with mods last year after I bought my si.

But here's another video I like with the K&N intake (with a reflash). Maybe the author of the video is a member on here??

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRhPmf2zNo

Last edited:
Back