New '14 Coupe, EX-L/Navi

Dherrmann

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Last week, we picked up a new 2014 red Coupe, EX-L with navigation. This was one tough car to locate, and thanks to the people at Conicelli Honda (Philly) for their help!

I really like this car a lot. Drives great, the CVT really works well, and the electronics are amazing.

I also have a BMW 328i coupe, and let me tell you - the Honda beats the crap out of the BMW's electronics (audio/navigation/bluetooth/iPhone integration/etc).

We traded our 2008 Civic Coupe with < 50K miles (an 8th gen). The '14 is a much, much nicer car than the '08!

We have a member in our crew that has a 14 aedan ex no navi,he likes it and the upgrades,but he is getting a si as soon as they are released..it's a nice car though..

Got some questions for you about the tranny..........If you would.....?
S & D verses paddles, what when and how does it all work. Like, when you're using D, can you use paddles or choose not to, same with S paddles Y or N ? When you do use paddles is the shift the same result as a straight, or does it wait for the torque converter? Reason to wonder is the new clutch system "constant power shifting"(or what ever).

Paddle sifter info:
You can use them when in "D" or "S". The left is the "-", and the right is the "+". When you use them, the gear indicator on the dash, just to the right of the normal automatic gear indicator, illuminates. Works great when I'm headed down a big hill.

It actually behaves almost exactly the same as in my BMW 328i. Only difference is that BMW's paddle shifters both can upshift or downshift by pressing them forward/backward.

One other thing I really like is the HD radio. It even shows album covers (as does Pandora).

Picture soon - as soon as the snow melts - later today :)

Last edited:
Back