New 2013 Civic Si HFP and New to Forums!

jayt101

Hi all! I'm brand new to the forums. I recently just picked up a '13 civic si HFP here in Toronto and I was wondering who here has bought the extended warranty from the dealer? I apologize in advance if this question has been asked a million times. I plan to drive it for +10 years and my driving habits aren't that of a young teenage boy.

I'm new to Honda and unsure if the $1200 extended warranty is worth it.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum! You should post up some pictures when you have time. As for the warranty...I'm not sure who has bought an extended warranty, but I'm sure there will be some people chiming in soon

Everything is negotiable. If you show them interest but tell them not happy with the price they can play with the numbers. This is best done when buying the car, afterwards not sure how much they will budge.
I got a 6 year extended 100k since i do not drive my car a lot for a total of 200 extra. 1200 not sure it is worth it first six years no major issue should occur.

Wellcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Thanks! I will certainly try to negotiate the price but at this point I am not sure how much they will budge. I declined the rust proof package ($700!) seeing as how nowadays most new cars are built pretty well that rust proofing isn't required. I'm hoping that I don't need the warranty but I still have some time to decide. From what I hear, Honda has great reliability and I don't want to spend that kind of money if in the end I don't need it.

I will post pics sometime this week when I pick it up from the dealer

Welcome! Now for some pics! Lol.

Welcome from a fellow Canadian. Looking forward to some pics.

Keep in mind that you can buy the extended warranty at any point as long as you still have the base warranty on the car. If you're unsure just hold off and see how things go with the car. Also the prices are negotiable on the warranty so you can shop around from dealer to dealer once you have the car. You could also finance it later on. We managed to get zero percent on our 2009 Civic right at the end of our base warranty. It was right around in the $1200 range for 7 yr 160k. They have likely increased in price since then. I got a 4yr 80k warranty on the '13 Si for $700.

Back