New 2013 civic SI Sedan

SiSenior

I just picked up my new black civic si sedan. Traded in an 07 VW Rabbit for this beauty. I was sad to see it go but was getting annoyed that it was costing so much to keep it running. This is my first black car and I feel up to the challenge of keeping it clean. I will have some photos up soon. Still waiting for a couple issues to be resolved, when taking delivery it looks like the driver side rims were curbed. Also when taking delivery, did other black car owners notice a lot of blemishes on their cars?

Dan

Welcome and congratulations. :wavey:

As you recognize, black shows everything. Blemishes that don't break through the clear coat can be machine polished out. Any imperfections that are worse, I would take to a professional shop.

After you get the finish looking perfect, you should be as careful as possible in how you care for it. This section should help > Automotive Detailing

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Echo what kenny has said above. If you tell RaskyR1 where you're located, he may also be able to give you advice on a reputable place to have them do some detail work on your paint. Pics of the problem areas would also help

Thanks KennyGS for the info. I am up to the challenge for keeping this clean as possible. It is going to be a little bit more difficult with no garage anymore. So far 230 miles and I have kept my right foot in check, only 770 to go.

Webby you just made my day. I did a similar practice on my motorcycle and never had any issues. Took it to a track day after a couple hundred miles on it.

Welcome! The DIY section and other's build threads are a great place to find ideas.

Any plans for it?

Nice! Get us some pics of the paint issues and there are a few characters who might able to help out.

Welcome and congrats on the Si. It's a really fun car to drive. I actually look forward to going to work in the mornings for the drive alone.

I have a 2012 black Si and it also had some blemishes on the paint. A week after I had it I got the protectant put on the paint and interior by the dealer and it took care of all that.

Javier, so the protectant that the dealer offered was good? I always thought those were ways for dealers to make a quick buck. BigBossin, no plans as of yet. I am going to run it in stock form for a while and see what needs improving. I am loving the sound of the engine and exhaust note. My other car is so quiet its nice to hear a car operating now.

Back