New 2013 Si Owner, teach me how to VTEC.

Dagumi

Arizona
Vehicle Model
'13 Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
What's going on everyone?
About a month ago I traded in my pride and joy, a 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S, that I've been working on for the past 4 years. It was my first car and I had a lot of great moments with it, but it was definitely time for an upgrade.
I traded it in on a 2013 Honda Civic Si in Dyno Blue Pearl and so far I'm loving everything about it!

Goodbye Sentra.jpg Big Blue.jpg

Since the Sentra was an automatic, this is also my first experience with a manual transmission, and I've been spending every free second I have attempting to get better with it. So far it's been interesting... but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it.
I'm looking forward to spending several hours of my life lurking on the forums here, I have a lot to learn about this car. :vtec:

Welcome. I think you made a bit of an uprade :)

Congrats on the new car. What are your plans for it? At first I thought that Sentra was the SE-R trim then I saw the micro penis exhaust and realized that I was wrong.

Welcome. I think you made a bit of an uprade :)
I couldn't agree with you more, this thing is leagues better than the Sentra.
Then again, the base level Sentras were never really meant to be anything besides a grandma car anyways. :bleh:

Congrats on the new car. What are your plans for it? At first I thought that Sentra was the SE-R trim then I saw the micro penis exhaust and realized that I was wrong.
Haha, if you want to talk about micro penises you should've seen the stock exhaust tip on that thing, the one in the picture is aftermarket... :giggle:
As far as plans go for this car, I really won't be doing much until it's a lot closer to being completely paid off, which may be a while due to a combination of school payments and a not-so-high paying job.
That being said, I'm planning on covering most of the basics; decent set of wheels, stickier tires, coilovers, intake, downpipe, exhaust, possibly a Flashpro somewhere in there. It really just depends on my money situation down the road.

Last edited:
If you don't want to spend a lot of money on parts then just get coilovers and different set of wheels.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on parts then just get coilovers and different set of wheels.

It's not the amount of money that bothers me, it's just the waiting game that I'm not a big fan of.
I would much rather save up all of the money the first time and make smart decisions rather than just throwing some cheap coilovers/wheels on the Si like I did with the Sentra.

However, I will most definitely be picking up a decent set of coilovers and hopefully some not-so-cheap wheels at some point in the future.

Here is how you Vtec btw....3rd gear let it get to about 3500 rpms and stabilize until your in the clear on the highway. Then punch it and enjoy the music as you go through 3rd, 4th, and 5th

Congrats on the Si! How do you like the colour? :tongue: It's definitely one of my favorites.
After driving around in a bright yellow car for almost four years I'm definitely not going to complain about something a little less "intense".
I've seen a lot of different blues on cars, but I just can't get over how great the Dyno Blue Pearl looks. :yum:

Pssh! Amateur. Just punch it in first and enjoy.
This guy definitely has the right idea. :vtec:

Back