New Civic Hybrid Owner

Glenn Curtis II

Akron, Ohio
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Hybrid
I just joined this forum after purchasing a 2013 Civic Hybrid and I must say, you guys are awesome! Coming from the VW scene, which is rather self-hating and annoying at times, you all are very helpful and produce amazing DIYs. Glad I joined.

FYI - Pics of my ride are soon to come after I head to College Hills tomorrow to get my OEM projectors installed.

I just joined this forum after purchasing a 2013 Civic Hybrid and I must say, you guys are awesome! Coming from the VW scene, which is rather self-hating and annoying at times, you all are very helpful and produce amazing DIYs. Glad I joined.

FYI - Pics of my ride are soon to come after I head to College Hills tomorrow to get my OEM projectors installed.

Welcome to the site. What made you post in this thread? Are you planning on getting aftermarket 'H' emblems? A friend of mine was also in the VW scene, but got rid of his 04 GLI for a 2012 base Impreza (work/commute car). He wants to go back to a VW bc he misses it. He probably doesn't miss the faulty coil packs though. Lol.

This was his 04 GLI:
312925_10150283509222168_1081006792_n.jpg

Welcome to the site. What made you post in this thread? Are you planning on getting aftermarket 'H' emblems? A friend of mine was also in the VW scene, but got rid of his 04 GLI for a 2012 base Impreza (work/commute car). He wants to go back to a VW bc he misses it. He probably doesn't miss the faulty coil packs though. Lol.

I've spent a few days browsing the site, but this thread really showed me the attention to detail of the members. I do not have any interest in the emblems, but I appreciate the time and effort it took to compare the different types. It really shows the helpfulness of the community. Coming from VWVortex, this is a massive change.

I do miss my VW (I had a 2001 Jetta GLX), but I will not miss the constant trips to the dealership. I, too, was struck with the coil pack recall, in addition to the window regulators, 3 recalls on the brake light switch, the heated seat recall (even though I had leather, it still burned through and was covered), two faulty sport springs which snapped while driving, hazard switch recall and countless electrical gremlins that were never solved. All of this on a car that had 30,000 miles.

Welcome Glenn! Yeah, I'm in the Falls right by Silver Lake. I've been meaning to get down to College Hills, but haven't had the chance. I've been dealing with Mike Pruitt for years, but I have purchased some items from College Hills. Can't wait to see some photos of your ride. Great choice moving to Honda!

What are your other plans for the car?

Just a quick pic of the OEM projectors I am having installed tomorrow. I know several people have them on here, OEM or otherwise, but they sure are nice.

If you don't mind, what are they setting you back. I've been looking to upgrade to HIDs for some time...

Welcome Glenn! I'm excited to see your hybrid and hoping you fall into the 9thcivic virus of modding it. I haven't seen many hybrids customized. :thumbsup:

Welcome Glenn! I'm excited to see your hybrid and hoping you fall into the 9thcivic virus of modding it. I haven't seen many hybrids customized. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Hybrid owners tend to be those that don't typically modify anything. This is my first hybrid so we will see what mods come along.

Welcome! :grouphug: The hybrid comes in a bunch of earthy colors... which did you choose?

Welcome! :grouphug: The hybrid comes in a bunch of earthy colors... which did you choose?

Polished Metal Metallic. I did not like the beige interior, so many colors were eliminated. So that left me with silver (which was a no go because of the grey interior, needed more contrast), black (I like black cars but don't want to own one) and polished metal. I wanted more contrast so my choice was pretty much made up. It is a gorgeous color and I have no regrets.

Back