New Dodge Dart

V_Kam

Detroit
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
4-door
You guys digging this ride? I saw a new one in the parking garage at work the other day, I must say I like them. It sounded good too, pretty sure it was the r/t model. Haven't test drove one but would have if they were out when I got my si.

I've seen the Rallye version. The front is :meh:.

consumer reports recently knocked it a bit, but they also knocked the 2012 civic -

==
Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Dodge Dart, the first all-new model to emerge from the Fiat-Chrysler alliance, earned praise from Consumer Reports for its solid feel, handling and ride, and upscale options. But ultimately it didn't score high enough to be recommended in a very competitive small sedan class.

Consumer Reports testers found that the Dodge Dart has a relatively quiet cabin, its handling is fairly nimble, and the ride is taut yet compliant. However, where the Dart stalls out is its powertrains. The standard 2.0-liter four-cylinder feels underpowered, while the optional 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder is raspy and has drivability issues when mated with the optional dual-clutch automated manual transmission. Tested were the 2.0-liter SXT ($20,680) and 1.4-liter Rallye ($24,490) trims – neither of which scored high enough to be recommended.

"The Dart is the first decent compact car from Dodge in decades," said Jake Fisher, Director, Consumer Reports Auto Test Center. "It has some solid positives. But overall it can't yet measure up to the best in class."

My first impression of the new dart was not a good one. My uncle and a good buddy of mine in high school had 72 darts and they are nothing like the new ones. I heard a commercial on the radio about the brand new dodge dart, so I kept my eyes peeled for one on the road. I knew it would be updated and changed, I expected something more like the newer Monte Carlo bodies or chargers. I finally pulled up behind this tiny vehicle that I did not recognize and it was the dart. I think it is a poor remake of the older ones. I for one am not a fan as of yet but I have not driven one.

I still see some old ones cruising around during the summer time in metro Detroit. I see what Dodge is trying to do as far as it being in the compact class like civics, I think its smart. Maybe they are trying fill the void left by Neon's(I swear those are still everywhere). I gave a guy a jump the other day that had a turbo neon he did himself. Said he ran 1/4s in the 12's in it.

I think they're based on an Alfa Romeo design which usually are great fun cars to drive but horrible to maintain. If I would be rich I would buy one. But if I would be rich I would buy a lot of cars ;)

I think they're based on an Alpha Romeo design which usually are great fun cars to drive but horrible to maintain. If I would be rich I would buy one. But if I would be rich I would buy a lot of cars ;)
That's my dream when the Powerball reached it's apex a couple weeks ago. :sadbanana:

If there is an Alfa I would buy not being rich it is the Brera, amazing little car and great looks. Looks even better in real life, very low and amazing from every angle, at least in my book :) The Dart is a bad mix of Dodge and Alfa looks.

alfa-romeo-brera-01.jpg

when i saw pics and watched video reviews, I was into it. I then was in a Dodge showroom kicking the tires of a new Durango (too small inside) so on the way out, a Dart was sitting there. It had a Neon-feel to it. I felt cramped in it. Overall, I'd pass if I was in the market for something similar

If there is an Alfa I would buy not being rich it is the Brera, amazing little car and great looks. Looks even better in real life, very low and amazing from every angle, at least in my book :) The Dart is a bad mix of Dodge and Alfa looks.

View attachment 7340

Remember the Porche 928 8cyl of the '80s? Right down to the rims.

I'm a pretty big critic of the 2012 Civic's interior (due to it's low grade materials, poor assembly, lack of usable storage space compared to the 8th gen, and poor fit and finish and decontenting, but the interior of this car alone is a reason I'd never even consider buying, even without the tacky red color scheme. I know our dashboard is a very controversial design, but this just screams the bubble fetish of GM and Chrysler of the 90s....no way.

2013-Dodge-Dart-Mopar-GTS-210-Tribute-interior-view-1024x640.jpg

Dodge Releases Info On Dodge Dart GT 2.4 Liter Turbo -

Dodge couldn't wait until next week's Detroit auto show to tell us about the latest addition to its Dart range, the sportier GT model that sits atop the Limited edition featuring the brand's 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir2 four-cylinder engine delivering 184 ponies and 174 lb.-ft. of torque to the front wheels.

When the Chrysler Group announced pricing for the Dart last April, it made word of anidentically-equipped R/T version fitted with the same 184hp engine priced at $22,495 (excluding handling and delivery) that would become available in the third quarter of the year.

Besides being absent from Dodge's official catalog and website, the company added to the confusion today stating in the GT's release, "Dodge continues to investigate a high-performance R/T model."

Back to the GT, along with the 184hp engine that's connected to a standard six-speed manual or an optional six-speed auto, the new Dart model gains a sport suspension with frequency-sensing damping shocks, 18-inch aluminum wheels and certain styling features such as the sports front grille with black accents, black projector headlamp bezels and dual exhaust tips.
Inside, the Dart GT gets Nappa perforated leather seats in Black with Ruby Red stitching or two-tone Black/Ruby Red, along with plenty of standard features including heated steering wheel and seats, dual zone automatic temperature control, power heated mirrors, an 8.4-inch Uconnect touchscreen for the infotainment system and ParkView rear backup camera.
A 7-inch TFT (Thin Film Transistor) reconfigurable instrument cluster display, ambient LED interior lighting and automatic headlamps are also included.

The new 2013 Dodge Dart GT will go on sale in the U.S. in the second quarter of the year with a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $20,995 (excluding destination).

It's pretty much on the same price range as the Si's. I wonder how the two cars compare.

It's pretty much on the same price range as the Si's. I wonder how the two cars compare.
Well I think the Dart is a bit heavier, a bit more torque and bit less hp. Reliability will be up for discussion :) If they managed to keep the Alfa suspension that may give it a competitive edge but cannot say without test driving one. The interior though... not sure how to say anything without being offensive :)

Back