New from Arkansas

Bulkybear

Bought a 2012 civic si a few weeks ago and been lurking. Seems like a bunch of great people here. I came from a 2010 charger sxt. My si is so much faster fun to drive. Gets better gas mileage and is actually cheaper in every aspect (payments, insurance, gas, etc). Here's some pics of my old car then my si. Looking forward to being here for a while ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343960988442.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343960988442.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343961011411.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343961011411.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343961032804.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343961032804.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1343961054920.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343961054920.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 17
welcome to the site. Any plans for your new ride?

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm probably gonna keep it stock for the first year. Then slowly start on the power adders. I don't wanna get used to it too fast. That leads to bordom and then a new car hunt. That's how I ended up trading for my si lol. That and I'm honestly scared to do anything to it. Not scared of my ability but scared of my actual gains. For example I was thinking about a cai. I'm afraid the car will retarded the timing and I actually lose power, ok so short ram, hello heatsoak and power loss, or guess what I just hydrolocked my motor and warranty won't cover it. Aftermarket exhaust, I may gain peak horsepower but I just lost back pressure and torque. Reflash, so ok so far above sea level that I don't gain anything or the motor is pulling timing to prevent detonation on my crappy 91 octane and I actually lost power. Things like this. I want to improve over baseline but without giving anything up. Been doing tons of research but still nothing to ease my fears and tell me to go for it.

Injen_Hydroshield_PreFilters.jpg

you can always go with a hydroshield to cover the actual filter itself. Regardless, it's good to see you're doing your research on mods before doing anything. That's great

Yeah. I would like some opinions on the points I brought up but from digging in the engine bay so far it seems as if Honda has engineered this thing so well its going to be hard to make actual gains rather than just change the power band short of throwing on a sc or turbo. I have been thinking about a nitrous kit though for when I really want a kick in the seat. But I do want something a little more permanent. I don't really care about dyno numbers. Just the good ole butt dyno. I still don't want to lose anything either. But ill have this car for a few years so I'm sure ill eventually get it set up how I want.

I'd like to suggest it's what you want to use your car for..... Drag racing or driving.....
The 1st thing "I'd" want to put money into would be the suspension/handling...
Just a thought.

I just like a good 0-60 run or having fun on an on ramp. The butt dyno is all I care about really. Handling is important as well but I already have enough fun in the twisties. :D

Back