New Here, Introduction and Issues

m0us3c0p

Hey all,

I'm new here obviously and wanted to see how active and open this forum is. Just by digging around, I've already learned a lot about my car as well as some of the weird and odd quirks I've noticed since owning. I bought a 2012 Si Coupe earlier in the year with just under 70k. It's at 72k now, and I'm loving it. Test drove probably 10 8th gens (no joke) before I found this one at a dealer.

I've noticed I seem to have the noise going into 1st with the spring issue a lot of people on here seem to have, and going into 5th can sometimes require a slight bit more force to go in. If you guys could give some recommendations with any of that, that would be awesome.

Also looking into doing audio upgrades. The bluetooth on the stock system (w/o Nav) is very delayed, and I have issues with people hearing weird noises on their end in calls, and I'd like to add a bigger sub. Just curious what some of you have done or recommend.

If this is the wrong place for this post, or I need to make new ones in other places, please let me know.

welcome to the site. One thing I would suggest is doing a manual transmission fluid change with honda fluid. Unless you have service records, you have no idea when it was changed last. You can buy their fluid online, or you can pick it up at the dealership. Others have tried different aftermarket brands with poor results from oil analysis, grinding etc. Stick to honda mtf.

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-manual-transmission-fluid-change.7098/

your noise issue could be like this -
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/...mands-not-recognized-we-found-the-cause.3891/

others can help with audio advice or suggestions, but I would read this if you're into audio upgrades. It's extremely helpful
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-civic-premium-audio-system-navigation-stereo-upgrade.10207/

Welcome =)

I just did my first post recently as well! Any pics of your car?

@webby thanks for the quick replies with links, very helpful. I'll definitely try to get ahold of some Honda MTF and try to change it. My cousin and I have to plans for our bikes soon, I'll probably try to do it then. @RyanR47 I don't have any good pics of the car actually. Between swapping out bulbs for LEDs everywhere and looking into mods, I keep forgetting lol.

@webby thanks for the quick replies with links, very helpful. I'll definitely try to get ahold of some Honda MTF and try to change it. My cousin and I have to plans for our bikes soon, I'll probably try to do it then. @RyanR47 I don't have any good pics of the car actually. Between swapping out bulbs for LEDs everywhere and looking into mods, I keep forgetting lol.

Nice! Which LED's were you looking at? I was between Hikari/Cougar but I have no idea yet....My dad just installed Sealight LED's on his van and I'm waiting to see how reliable those are.

@RyanR47 I ordered everything I've installed so far from superbrightleds.com. I found a guy on YouTube that makes resistors for LEDs, and he made and sent me a couple of resistors to fix hyper flash for the turn signals.

Back