New member for Las Vegas, NV

CJs_FG3

Hello 9thcivic members,

My names CJ and I just leased a brand new 2013 taffeta white Honda Civic LX coupe. The reason for leasing was because I had some negative equity from my previous ride and was advised that the best way to get rid of the negative equity, was to lease. That way, I'll be debt free at the end of the term. I have the option to purchase the vehicle for 11k once the term is over, however I am still unsure if I want to keep it or not. If I do keep it, my plans are to get the windows tinted, coilovers, rims, HFP aerokit, and red Honda emblems. Well thats pretty much it.

CJ

Hey CJ,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of helpful information here. If it's just a lease and you're not sure if you're going to keep it you may want to hold off on some of the more permanent mods like the emblems and HFP parts.

Welcome. It sounds like you've got some good plans for it. This is the right place to get some ideas.

Doing mods on a leased vehicles is tough. Sometimes the dealer might give you grief with the non Honda specific mods like the emblems. Be prepared to have to remove them when it goes back.

Welcome, if it doesn't give you any trouble after a year, and/or 12k miles. If you still want to keep it you'll at least know it isn't a lemon. I've had my EX for a year(leasing), and I'll be keeping mine when time comes up on the 3 year mark.

I've already mod'ed some things which are easily turned back to stock. 22mm rear sway bar(by "Progress"); seat covers; dash cover; interior piping on the door panels; de badged Civic and dealer from the rear; Lug nut covers(don't trust aluminium);Tinting on windows; Custom steering wheel cover.

Back