GreenCleaves

Been lurking around this forum for a couple of months and have really enjoyed everything 9th has to offer. Plenty of good looking builds! I had an 08 Si Mugen, which I sold awhile back (will be two years in December) to help pay my way through school. It has felt like an eternity, however my time without a car will be coming to an end. If everything continues to go to plan, I'll be picking up a '13 Si Sedan sometime in August. . . I am still stuck between three colors: TW, ASW, and CBP. What say you?

I don't have the time/cash/knowledge base to do anything too extensive with the car, although I have a small sum of cash set aside for a few 'tasteful' mods. Any suggestions? I am already planning on HID bulbs, short-shifter kit and CAI soon after pickup. The car will serve as my daily and I make a 15 mile highway commute to and from work everyday.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and follow your builds. All advice and help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
-Jeff

The black looks absolutly amazing when its clean. Only problem is it is imposible to keep clean. I love my black but if they had more colors on the lot when i got mine i probably wouldnt have ended up with black. White or red would have been my top choices

The black looks absolutly amazing when its clean. Only problem is it is imposible to keep clean. I love my black but if they had more colors on the lot when i got mine i probably wouldnt have ended up with black. White or red would have been my top choices
Exactly. I've always liked white cars and that's what I was looking for. But my dealer of choice only had CBP in stock, and man the Si sedan looks good in black, so it's what I bought.

When going thorough the forums, I'll see some really good looking Tafetta White sedans...and for a brief moment, I regret getting black instead of white. But when I go outside and see my car, how good it looks in black wipes away any ounce of regret.

Short story: if you can deal with more frequent washes and quick wipes, then go for black. If not, you can't go wrong with any other color because the Si's look good in any color. :thumb:

And here's a pic of mine just before I drove it off the lot; so you can see how good black looks when it's shiny:

ydy3upu4.jpg

e4asa6a5.jpg

With tint:
5yqema4a.jpg

Exactly. I've always liked white cars and that's what I was looking for. But my dealer of choice only had CBP in stock, and man the Si sedan looks good in black, so it's what I bought.

When going thorough the forums, I'll see some really good looking Tafetta White sedans...and for a brief moment, I regret getting black instead of white. But when I go outside and see my car, how good it looks in black wipes away any ounce of regret.

Short story: if you can deal with more frequent washes and quick wipes, then go for black. If not, you can't go wrong with any other color because the Si's look good in any color. :thumb:

And here's a pic of mine just before I drove it off the lot; so you can see how good black looks when it's shiny:

ydy3upu4.jpg

e4asa6a5.jpg

With tint:
5yqema4a.jpg
I see a bulldog hiding in the shade under that red truck lol!

:wavey: welcome! this is a great forum! i don't even have a civic anymore, but i stick around because this is a great community that's super helpful. as far as color, i had a CBP '12 sedan, and went with white for my newest car, so i guess i'd go with either CBP or TW. haha.

that car looks great! a buddy that i work with has a '12 civic ex in black. . . it either looks great, or terrible, depending on how recently he's washed it lol.

thank you everyone for the warm welcome! i am really looking forward to getting to know you all, as learning more about handiwork with cars. i have been checking out a lot of threads, all of which have been helpful and continue to keep me sane while a wait about a month or so for mine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
that car looks great! a buddy that i work with has a '12 civic ex in black. . . it either looks great, or terrible, depending on how recently he's washed it lol.
Lol yeah I always say that a black car looks good one or two days per month - the days when it's just been washed

Back