New to 9thcivic not to Civics!

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Just picked up a 2013 Polished Metal Metallic Si Sedan with Navi!

Very happy with it as I traded in a 2012 WRX which i was not happy with at all. It was a fast and fun car to drive and would be great if it was strictly used for autox/rallyx/etc but as a DD it was miserable. Not sure why all the brotatoes love them so much.

Plans for the car are a proper projector retrofit, NT03Ms, sway bars, intake, axle back, led interior lights, and a thats about it

Glad to be back in a Si, I've previously had a 2012 Si, a 2010 (was a lease), and a 95.
Pics of the new ride.
8547242190_451cdf6b9f_b.jpg

8547243618_ea2ae21a22_b.jpg

My previous 9th gen. Don't ask me why I got rid of it. I sold a 400whp Trans Am i had built and felt I needed a car to replace both the Si and Trans Am.
7442527966_1603621bcb_b.jpg

The 2010 I had (the one red spoke was mocking a friend who had bought some special edition TE37s and wouldn't shut up about them).
6320424728_2ae1019570_b.jpg

And the 95 Civic my dad and I built for the Grassroots Motorsports challenge (at a PDX at Sebring)
6675126525_6a0ea2ee8d_b.jpg

6675130181_b8fa8c93c3_b.jpg

Welcome.... Very nice colour, and your cars of the past were nice as well.

Thanks guys! I've had a ton of cars in the past few years, I plan on sticking with this one for good. 09 Fit, 06 Roush Mustang GT, 2012 WRX, all those, a 2000 Trans Am, and I think that's it haha.

Welcome!! you from frederick,md?? I noticed the Shockley Plate and that building looks mighty familiar...(used to live in frederick)

Webby - lease was up on 2010 (got it in 09) I was away for military and fiancee and mom went and got me a 2012. Found out we were pregnant - sold the 95 Civic and the Trans Am to pay off some student loans and traded the 2012 in for the WRX. Getting rid of the 8th gen, TA, and 95 - probably worst decision I've ever made lol.

brown_bear - I am living in NOVA right now, got the best deal up there and the staff there was great. After i finally haggled them down to the price I wanted, the rest of the process only took about 15 minutes.

I see some awesome builds on here and see that some people are hitting 220+whp which is what I like to see!

The car itself was a blast to drive when you were on the throttle. My gripes since it was mainly a daily is that the interior quality was similar to late 80s early 90s GM and Ford econoboxes. I had more squeaks and rattles than I did with my F-body that had 120k miles on it. The gas mileage was also worse than that F-body and it had way more HP.

I also found copper in the oil when I did the last change and found an exhaust leak. When I took it to two different Subaru dealers and called Subaru NA they all said those two things happened because of my driving and declined to fix either under warranty. This was really the last straw with the car. I would buy one for a rallyx or track car, but never again for daily use. I'll stick to my Hondas and GMs for everything else.

I could have fought the issue with Subaru but the wife just wanted to get rid of it, she missed the Si(s) we've had and she's happy because she loves to drive it too. If she's happy then I'm happy, plus the money I've saving I can start another project car so it's a win/win all around.

Back