New to forums and considering starting to upgrade.

mugensi

Hello everyone, I just want to start out by introducing myself. My name is Robert and I am completely new to owning a honda and being the proud owner of one. My first vehicle was a 2005 Nissan 350z and unfortunately the vehicle's transmission had conked out on me at 75k miles. (Mind you the 350z was an AUTOMATIC so there is no way it should have failed the way it did). Also for those of you who are wondering how the si matches up with the z I have first hand experience and must say that I find them to be incredibly close! Any way I just want to start out by saying this, I absolutely love my si and I am considering building it up like I did with my z. This time I am just hoping that Honda's impeccable reputation holds true and that the upgrades I do will not hinder the life of the vehicle. So, I come to you guys and ask for advice. What are some recommended parts that you guy's suggest I get for my awesome new car? I have been using Dr. Google for the past month now and I have not seen any exhaust set ups I truly like. Or other name brand for parts such as intakes, down pipes, etc.. I must apologize if this is not in the right forum also. Suggestions and prices please and thank you!

Welcome.......... What did you buy ie; Honda civic ex 1.8 L .... 2 door / 4 door , Did you get another automatic ?

Welcome! Did you purchase a 2012 or 13? You will find there are many members and mods that can point you in the right Direction here.

what kind of mods are you looking to do? Are you trying to make a car that's fast in the corners, straight line, ....lowering/suspension upgrades, turbo/sc, cosmetic upgrades??

Preferably straight line. I just like opening up a can of whoop "butt" as I am traveling to work haha ;)

:wavey:hello

Overall, how did you like your Z other than the transmission? I'm considering one soon and would like to hear some feedback from a former owner.

Ahh I loved my Z. I truly do miss it. The only reason I chose not to fix it is because it was an automatic. Any way honestly the automatic Z got beat by quite a few vehicles out there on the road so if you do get a Z make sure it is MANUAL! I recently drove a stick Z and the performance difference is huge. Over all the car was awesome, it was a true head turner! I always had people coming up to me and asking me about it. It was my daily driver and honestly I can say it handled well. Straight line not so much but that's not exactly what the Z's are meant for. My exact model was a 2005 Nissan 350z convertible enthusiast. Stay away from convertibles though! I had the canvas top replaced and it cost me 2500 dollars! Plus if the convertible motors go it can cost you up to SEVEN GRAND! Tires are quite expensive ranging from 190 to 350 dollars per tire. I got 16 miles to the gallon city and about 25 miles to the gallon highway (As long as I wasn't flooring it). As you read along my bi-polar description of my vehicle you can tell that I had mixed feelings about it. I loved the attention I got with it. I loved the sound of the motor and the set up I had on it. I just didn't love the cost of things when something went wrong. Another example I can give you is the rubber sealant around the windshield went bad so whenever it would rain my carpets would get soaked. So I called around for a quote and no one was cheaper then 900 dollars!! The rubber had to be special ordered from Japan. Needless to say if you do get a Z, do not buy models 2005 and down. The 2003 and 2004 models had feathering issues with the tires. And unlike Honda, Nissan does not back their vehicles. If you have any more questions feel free to inbox me for more information on prices of performance parts and cost of ownership.

Ahh I loved my Z. I truly do miss it. The only reason I chose not to fix it is because it was an automatic. Any way honestly the automatic Z got beat by quite a few vehicles out there on the road so if you do get a Z make sure it is MANUAL! I recently drove a stick Z and the performance difference is huge. Over all the car was awesome, it was a true head turner! I always had people coming up to me and asking me about it. It was my daily driver and honestly I can say it handled well. Straight line not so much but that's not exactly what the Z's are meant for. My exact model was a 2005 Nissan 350z convertible enthusiast. Stay away from convertibles though! I had the canvas top replaced and it cost me 2500 dollars! Plus if the convertible motors go it can cost you up to SEVEN GRAND! Tires are quite expensive ranging from 190 to 350 dollars per tire. I got 16 miles to the gallon city and about 25 miles to the gallon highway (As long as I wasn't flooring it). As you read along my bi-polar description of my vehicle you can tell that I had mixed feelings about it. I loved the attention I got with it. I loved the sound of the motor and the set up I had on it. I just didn't love the cost of things when something went wrong. Another example I can give you is the rubber sealant around the windshield went bad so whenever it would rain my carpets would get soaked. So I called around for a quote and no one was cheaper then 900 dollars!! The rubber had to be special ordered from Japan. Needless to say if you do get a Z, do not buy models 2005 and down. The 2003 and 2004 models had feathering issues with the tires. And unlike Honda, Nissan does not back their vehicles. If you have any more questions feel free to inbox me for more information on prices of performance parts and cost of ownership.

Zs never had the fame for being reliable sadly. The feathering I read it is due to improper alignment and geometry which somehow was wrong out of the factory and somehow many dealers missed properly correcting it. I have a friend with a Nissan SUV and the transfer case broke, and that is one expensive part to replace. I always keep an eye on them but unless I am very comfortable financially I would wait a bit before buying one.

One thing they are though is amazing handling and looks I would say :)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Any time my man! If I were you, I would get a 2009 nissan 350z 6spd manual hard top. They are the best looking and from what i heard very reliable. IMHO they are the best looking 350z's and the 2009's are the last year of production for the 350z. So you get a 350 that has all of the bugs out of it plus you aren't stepping into the 370zs zone which gets very pricey. Plus I am not a fan of the front of the 370z.

Any time my man! If I were you, I would get a 2009 nissan 350z 6spd manual hard top. They are the best looking and from what i heard very reliable. IMHO they are the best looking 350z's and the 2009's are the last year of production for the 350z. So you get a 350 that has all of the bugs out of it plus you aren't stepping into the 370zs zone which gets very pricey. Plus I am not a fan of the front of the 370z.

I thought 08 was the last year for the 350z / vq35hr?

I would preferable go the 35HR route, but I think I may hold off another year.

Back