Noise From Driver Side Window When Going Up

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
So as the title states i'm having an odd situation in where i hear a rapid clicking noise from the driver side window when its going up; the sound occurs usually just above the halfway point and also as it reaches the top the door seems to bulge almost as if the window is trying to seat itself in the window runner or the window is trying to keep on going up ! Does anyone else have this problem or know a remedy to it ? The car is a 2013 Civic LX Sedan !

Thanks for the help in advanced !

So as the title states i'm having an odd situation in where i hear a rapid clicking noise from the driver side window when its going up; the sound occurs usually just above the halfway point and also as it reaches the top the door seems to bulge almost as if the window is trying to seat itself in the window runner or the window is trying to keep on going up ! Does anyone else have this problem or know a remedy to it ? The car is a 2013 Civic LX Sedan !

Thanks for the help in advanced !
Are you out of warranty? Why not take it for warranty repair for free?

Only suggestion I could give is to remove your door panel on the inside and look at the window regulator. I would actually advise removing the regulator from the door and inspecting it. I don't know how handy you are, but there are tons of YouTube vids showing the removal of window regulators. They're all very similar. If you don't feel doing it, you'll need to take it to a dealership or general mechanic.

I'm going to agree with Webby it sound like you regulator may be out of adjustment. While you have it out its a great time to clean and lubricate the window tracks as that plays a roll in smooth window operation.

As for the bulge your talking about are you referring to where when the window rolls all the way up you can see the door panel move slightly?

Yeah the bulge is when the window hits the top the door panel moves slightly ! Seems like it happens to quite a bit of people

Back