NoobyCivic's Rallye Red FB6 with Navi

NoobyCIVIC

SOCAL-626
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey 9thcivic,

So I have been on this website here and there when I had my 8th civic and am originally from 8thcivic. But I decided to turn my 8thgen into stock and give it to my sister since she is starting her senior year in high school and she needs a ride to and from school. Took that as an advantage to get myself a new car.

Took me almost 6 weeks to track down and also haggle with a dealership through email for the perfect out the door price for a Rallye Red Si Sedan with Navi. Was about to give up and just buy another 8thgen in Rallye Red but dealer finally got me the price I want and I took a trip to San Diego which is 2 hours away from where I live to sign papers and take the car home.

Here is my 8thgen before it was stripped back to stock.
My build thread can be found here : http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/car-builds/285341-noobycivic-tw-fa1-build.html

IMG_1674
by NathanWongg, on Flickr

photo 1

photo 2

But enough of my 8thgen, Here is my new Rallye Red Si with navi.

Exterior
Fitted Lifestyle License Plate Frame
6000k LED Reverse Light
6000k LED License Plate Light

Interior
Blox 490 NeoChrome shift knob
6000k LED Dome Lights
6000k LED Map Lights
Broadway 240mm Convex Mirror
Garage Door Opener
Red Bride Shift Knob Cover
Cal Poly Pomona Parking Permit
gaygiggle.gif

Lighting
DDM Tuning 9006 5000k HID kit
DDM Tuning h11 modified to h8 5000k HID foglights
5000k 68SMD LED Switchback Front Turn Signal with Resistors
6000k 68SMD LED DRL with Load Resistors
6000K LED Reverse Light
6000K LED Trunk Light

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes
Varrstoen ES 2.2.2 Plastidipped White 17x9 30/22 215/45/17
Megan EZ Street Coilovers
Godspeed Silver Rear Camber Arms
8thcivic Polished Beaks Lower Tie Bar (Pending Install)

Engine/Intake/Exhaust
Spoon Reservoir Cover

Future Plans
Buddy Club N+ Camber Kit
Full Race 3" Catback
Flashpro
Red Bride Shift Boot

Here is when I took her home on 07/27/13

IMG_2493

IMG_2494

photo 2 (2)

photo 1 (3)

IMG_2498

Then I ordered some LEDs off Amazon thanks to shad2fast4u

IMG_2491

IMG_2492

IMG_2519

IMG_2517

I installed Nokya Hyper Yellows DRL from my 8thgen onto the 9th, then I decided I didn't want it and traded my Nokya Yellows for his LED DRL with load resistors.

Here is a picture when he came to my house to do the swap.

photo

After finishing the swap. Its really hard to capture LEDs for some strange reason

IMG_2495

IMG_2501

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far this is all I got on my build. Will be updating it frequently with new parts and things done to it.
Thanks for looking :wavey:

Last edited:
Nice upgrade. Anything on the wishlist?

Good looking 8th and 9th. Big change going to the SI I bet.

Nice work so far. Do the load resistors allow your LED DRLs to work normally, i.e., function like normal high beams when needed, while bright enough as a DRL?

Nice work so far. Do the load resistors allow your LED DRLs to work normally, i.e., function like normal high beams when needed, while bright enough as a DRL?

The resistors just removes the DRL light on your dash because the car thinks your bulb is gone because the drl does not use much wattage. Also makes sure the bulb doesnt flicker at time to time. High beams still useless haha

The resistors just removes the DRL light on your dash because the car thinks your bulb is gone because the drl does not use much wattage. Also makes sure the bulb doesnt flicker at time to time. High beams still useless haha
Gotcha. Wish there was a way to have the LEDs still work as both DRLs and high beams. I can't love without my high beams lol - too many stupid drivers out there who need to be alerted from a distance

Gotcha. Wish there was a way to have the LEDs still work as both DRLs and high beams. I can't love without my high beams lol - too many stupid drivers out there who need to be alerted from a distance

I rarely use my highs i usually just honk lmao

I just ordered switchbacks! Gonna wire and have them on hopefully next week!

Reactions: 323

you should check out CREE LEDs for high beams....like mine.
much brighter and regular LEDs and the flash from DRL to high beam is more noticable

you should check out CREE LEDs for high beams....like mine.
much brighter and regular LEDs and the flash from DRL to high beam is more noticable
Nice yeah I'll look into those. Got any pics? Where can I order them from?

Nice yeah I'll look into those. Got any pics? Where can I order them from?

i'll try to get some pics for you if i have time today
i just got mine from ebay
search for CREE LED 9005
i have different headlights so i had to order H1 bulbs, not 9005 so i cant give you the link to the ones i ordered

i'll try to get some pics for you if i have time today
i just got mine from ebay
search for CREE LED 9005
i have different headlights so i had to order H1 bulbs, not 9005 so i cant give you the link to the ones i ordered
Thanks man!! Just looked up a few in eBay, they look legit. Are those projectors on the front?

Switchbacks came in the mail! Gonna pick up load resistors right now at ijdmtoy and hopefully wire them soon.

Car is also at the shop getting tinted! 35% front 17% rear

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375805857.839162.jpg

Back