Official Computer Talk Thread

i think the same way i view tesla's approach to self driving cars. Im glad the owner agreed to the terms, but i didnt consent to being a beta participant with the 4000 lb missile self-operating next to me. Its not a data collection id consent to, and given they try to obfuscate what theyre doing it just makes it seem more suspicious when more comes to light

:sadface:

Just sold my old Intel setup... i7 4790k / 16GB RAM / Asus Mobo / CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Black Edition CPU cooler

i7 8700k, 1080 FTW and 16GB DDR4. MAYBE 32GB. Can’t remember. Should probably just upgrade to a 30 Series and call it a day.

That's not a bad setup. Depending on what PSU you have definitely go 30 series card and call it a day. Definitely got 32GB RAM if you only have 16GB currently.
I was using @FooBird 's old EVGA GTX 1080 FTW in my old build for a bit but now the GPU is sitting in the closet.
3080Ti - in my main rig
1080 FTW - in the closet
970 - in my work office (I used it as a test for a co-workers kid's rig that was having issues - off hours of course)

That's not a bad setup. Depending on what PSU you have definitely go 30 series card and call it a day. Definitely got 32GB RAM if you only have 16GB currently. I was using @FooBird 's old EVGA GTX 1080 FTW in my old build for a bit but now the GPU is sitting in the closet. 3080Ti - in my main rig 1080 FTW - in the closet 970 - in my work office (I used it as a test for a co-workers kid's rig that was having issues - off hours of course)
I remember now. I did upgrade to 32GB and the reason I haven’t upgraded my GPU was because of a 650 Watt PSU. Will likely need to go 750/850 Watt if I buy a 3080.

I remember now. I did upgrade to 32GB and the reason I haven’t upgraded my GPU was because of a 650 Watt PSU. Will likely need to go 750/850 Watt if I buy a 3080.

Yong probably has like 3 PSU's chillin' at his place lol

Back