Oil Change

desiguyinnc

Long Island, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
I got my first oil change at about 5500 miles. A lot of people said different things on when to change it but I just waited until the oil change level went down to 15% and did it. Most dealers say wait until the oil change goes down to 15% and bring it. I bought the car in New York and since then moved out to Chicago. To get my oil change I went to Valley Honda in Naperville, Il. It was by far the nicest Honda dealership I've seen so far. They had such a big nice waiting room with huge lcd tvs, amazing chairs to sit in, starbucks coffee, laptops you could use while you wait and an exceptionally nice staff. My oil change took like 45 minutes and the service advisor felt bad that I had to wait 45 minutes for an oil change and gave me the oil change free! They also wash your car for you and do an amazing job, apparently theyre getting a laser no touch car wash for cars soon too. They only had like 4 cars in the showroom inside, the dealership looked more like a nice spot to chill rather than a place to buy a car but I really liked it. If anyone lives around the area, I would highly recommend taking your car to this dealer!

great review. I moved this thread into the dealership experiences forum so others can hopefully benefit as well. Glad your experience was quite positive.

Hey guys, I took my 2012 civic si in for its first oil change. I was expecting the bill to be around $40-$50 or so since were supposed to run synthetic 0w20 oil which is like $7-8 a quart on the store shelves. On my paperwork it said they put 5w20 in my car and it was only 36.99 for the oil change, so I doubt they used a synthetic oil. Anyone else have this experience? Should I call the dealership back and complain? / are they just trying to " cheap out" on me?

I think $65 for a full synth oil change might be more in line. I'd contact them to confirm they used synthetic, although it would have been better to find out while you were there.

I'd be asking why they used 5-20 instead of 0-20 (which is what they specifically recommend).

I don't know why they'd use synthetic unless you asked for it, and like webby said it should be 0-20 for winter

The 0-20 oil which the SI uses is reportedly a blend (not full synthetic) from honda

Is this it?

2saz67n.jpg

Is this it?

2saz67n.jpg

This one is full synthetic.... but it also appears to be a marketing copy of the real thing(Honda) , I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just not Honda's.

Looked again at the pic, it is the Canadian version since it is in English and French and the units are metric :) So if you do the oil change in Ca that's how it should look :)

I just went to collegehillshonda's site and looked at their oil section. I knew I had seen it listed there as a blend. I also recall others here saying they had their oil changed at honda and it was a blend. Not to say you couldn't get full synthetic. I guess it could depend on what they stock?

Back