Paint Chip/Scratch Repair Modern Steel Metallic

mdcbruin

Hey Guys,

I was hoping to get some of your feedback on the best method to repair the following damage to my car besides bringing it to a body shop or having it repainted. I found this scratch on my door and don't know how it got there. I'm considering using the Langka paint repair kit + factory touch-up or the Dr. ColorChip repair system. Also, would you guys recommend that I sand the edges down first before even touching it up? Thanks!

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Is the yellow/cream looking part paint transfer from another car or whatever? Or is that some sort of primer color under your own paint? Can you catch a fingernail in any of the lines?

I'm not exactly too sure, but I think the yellow is the metal that appears yellow w/ some reflection. Yeah some of the lines are rough when i rubbed a towel over it. :(

Basically, get some match paint, and the main thing is to apply the paint "in" the chip/scratch "with-out" applying outside the chipped/scratched area. What's needed is a brush that's fine enough to stay inside the borders.

I've used Dr ColorChip twice now. Once on my Subaru and once on my Mitsubishi. It's actually pretty darn good. Ideally, you'll want to find a fiberglass pen first, as the kit doesn't come with one. It'll be used to clean out the scratch. Those cheap Autozone kits include them, but the internets your friend.

image.jpeg
I feel your pain man. Got a rock chip on the highway. I'm going to use what these guys said.

I would get a glass coat on your car from 3M mine was dealer installed they cover dents and scratched

Back