People who installed bps short shifter

Wumbo

So i'm having trouble installing my bps short shifter. I'm following their install instructions and they said to use a flat head to get the push clip out, but its not working. Any help is appreciated....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 60
can you get a really narrow flat head between the plastic and the clip?

I would do what webby suggested. Carefully work your way around until you get it loose a little. The more you work it the looser it should get. They are designed to stay on and are definitely hard to remove without breaking or damaging.

They are called push nuts or flat push on retainers.

Some help here but basically the same idea. Pretty cheap to pick up more at home depot or somewhere if they have the right size, which of course they never do when you need one.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8751520_remove-push-nut.html

http://www.jetpress.com/Products.aspx/upfddcfw17/FlatRoundPushnuts-Metric/

I tried to use the flatest screwdriver i could find, but i guess i'll try to find a flatter one. Thanks for the help guys

Sometimes pushing down on one of the "tabs" will let you loosen the one next to it. Where the splits are in it, try and push one section down to lift the next one up. If you can.

That was a nightmare when I did my short shifter. Just gotta keep working it. Hope they gave you a new push nut with the kit

Ill give that a try webby. And yes it is.... I thought taking out the shifter cables for my base bushings was bad....

bps is probably thinking that the push clip is not right up against the plastic body of the shifter. All you need is a little gap so that the flathead screwdriver will fit in there so that you can pry it back.

Reactions: Nix
Well it took forever , but i survived this nightmare haha thanks everyone for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
So why did you have to use a zip-tie?
My reason for asking is, it seems most or at least a lot of ppl that do this mod end up with their clip broken, so maybe the nob supplier should send new clips with the nobs. or the buyer might get a new clip before starting the mod.

I'd like to know how the Honda dealer's maintenance shop gets the boot off and replaced, so that we could follow suit?

Well i use the zip tire because i didnt want to use the collar from my old boot. As for the shift boot, i dont understand your question?

So why did you have to use a zip-tie?
My reason for asking is, it seems most or at least a lot of ppl that do this mod end up with their clip broken, so maybe the nob supplier should send new clips with the nobs. or the buyer might get a new clip before starting the mod.

I'd like to know how the Honda dealer's maintenance shop gets the boot off and replaced, so that we could follow suit?
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-how-to-remove-your-shift-knob.5829/

I know this is an older thread but Im wondering how much lower does your shift knob sit now? Do you have a side shot of it? I'm thinking of getting the billet pro myself, I have the buddy club shifter now and have had it for a while, I just want something shorter.

Back