Plastidip

trustdestruction

Tampa, FL
Am I the only one here who doesn't like plastidip? (except maybe when it's to cover up chrome on the 2013)

Not to be negative. I just prefer the intended, classic look of glossy paint and would like to hear some opinions.

Like you said, the only thing I'd use it for on my car would be to cover the chrome. I have seen some flat black cars though that look good. I didn't like the look of flat paint in the beginning but it is growing on me.

Personally I'd only use it on trim pieces.

Am I the only one here who doesn't like plastidip? (except maybe when it's to cover up chrome on the 2013)

Not to be negative. I just prefer the intended, classic look of glossy paint and would like to hear some opinions.

That's why they make Glossifier! Makes it look similar to a gloss black powder coat. (Granted not quite the same but still.)

I can't find the glossifier anywhere in Atlanta,I got a can of black at Home Depot,but I go on glossifier at lowes,autozone,target,Walmart,etc... I really don't want to order it and pay for shipping,any other ideas of stores? I want to do my badges this week.

I can't find the glossifier anywhere in Atlanta,I got a can of black at Home Depot,but I go on glossifier at lowes,autozone,target,Walmart,etc... I really don't want to order it and pay for shipping,any other ideas of stores? I want to do my badges this week.

I live 20 minutes from DipYourCar so they stock everything and that's where I get all mine from. Other than that I think shipping is really the only way. :( I don't know of any places that stock Glossifier I know places like Home Depot and Lowes everything except black is special order.

i dont have the coin to drop on a pant job and i dont wanna wrap the roof and screw it up you know?

Homedepot's site says ship to home for free. It is a 6 pack of glossifier though. Showing $51 shipped for 6 cans.

Yea he told me that, I heard pep boys has it on shelf.im going to drive over there tom,there building one right by me but its not done yet.

Plasti Dip is a tester tool for me if I like the color or not. Eventually I replace it with real 3 stage paint

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just using it on my badges,if it gives me problems ill get them painted,but I don't want to take off my front bumper unless I have too.

I painted the new ones I bought with a enamel with a primer built in in gloss black,they came out fantastic! And I'll have an extra set. I just wanted more a more permanent solution.i took them to the powder coater today and the color is dead on with the color that my rims will be too,big relief there.

The mechanic said he will but the badges on when he does my aero kit Thursday,spits all good now.

Back