Possible to add OEM Bluetooth to 2012 LX?

JTShurtleff

Just wondering if this is doable. I want it to be like it came with the car. No aftermarket stuff. I even want the steering wheel controls. Is this possible at all or do I have to buy a new head unit with Bluetooth compatibility?

Its probably doable, but it could be a massive undertaking. Potentially needing the buttons for the steering wheel, a new clock spring to carry the extra wire signals through, wires run from the clock spring to the bluetooth unit assuming its not part of the stereo, a new iMid unit that has the bluetooth software. Since the upper dash is redesigned on the 13 the iMid might be physically different as well, to put in the 13 upper dash you would need the 13 stereo and other dash components.

you might end up having to swap your entire interior between the firewall and wheel to the parts from a 2013

The premium audio setups in the 2012 EX and above are different from the 2012 LX. I imagine there is a different pinout on the radio itself. The 2013 ex and above offer 360watt premium stereos, while the lx and below offer 160watt stereos. I've not spoken to Honda, but I would bet it's purely not compatable with the 160watt stereo due to the radio itself?

CollegeHillsHonda sells an aftermarket bluetooth kit ...like the 4th item down
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-civic-4dr-accessories/2012-honda-civic-aftermarket-parts.htm

Back