Proud new owner of a 2015 coupe with a question

theassuager

Super stoked to become a part of this forum! I've been lurking it for months and months and now I feel... cool. This car has improved my quality of life in an insane way. Used to not really like driving and now it's the best part of my day. And now a really dumb question...

What is this little thing by my left knee?
ggTDTab.jpg

It has a little button on the bottom you can see. Does it have to do with the immobilizer??

Thanks guys and girls.

Super stoked to become a part of this forum! I've been lurking it for months and months and now I feel... cool. This car has improved my quality of life in an insane way. Used to not really like driving and now it's the best part of my day. And now a really dumb question...

What is this little thing by my left knee?
http://imgur.com/ggTDTab

It has a little button on the bottom you can see. Does it have to do with the immobilizer??

Thanks guys and girls.
Welcome!! What kind of 15 Coupe- LX or EX?

That to me looks like an aftermarket, dealer installed remote start or immobilizer... are there any options on the car that Honda doesn't offer?

That has to be something aftermarket. Factory Honda wouldn't just screw something into the bottom of the dash like that. It has to be some kind of dealer installed option or service.

Welcome. Never seen that before. Curious to know what it is. What ever you do, don't touch the button.

image.jpg

Last edited:
It's a GPS tracker. If you don't pay on time then the repo guy will come to your house and take the car away from you.:coffee:

1st... Welcome!
I can't believe no one has answered your question yet........ I put a watch on this thread, because I'm interested as well(my car doesn't have that devise). But am wondering what it is as well.
Enjoy

I'm going to guess it has something to do with remote car starter. Hmmmm.....or garage door opener ......or sub woofer .....or car alarm.

Last edited:
1st... Welcome!
I can't believe no one has answered your question yet........ I put a watch on this thread, because I'm interested as well(my car doesn't have that devise). But am wondering what it is as well.
Enjoy

This post was before anyone else posted, I forgot to hit post.

Looks like that thing has two wires running from it. ?
Could it be some sort of date logger hooked up to the OBD port?

You can see nothing is connected to the OBD port in the picture. The flash blew the image out a bit and is making it look whitish/grey.

I had something like that when I bought my Jeep in '94, it was installed by the dealer, I was then asked when I bought the Jeep if I wanted to keep it or have it removed. I kept it since back then the Jeep didn't have all the electronic security cars now have. Never used it though, and it was easier to plug/unplug than this one looks like.
Since you have signed for it, it probably is there to stay.
There's so much going on when we buy a car we don't hear everything they tell us, so they might have mentioned it..........BUT

Saw the first comment, did some research, educated myself, got pretty furious and called the dealership. Every single car my dealership receives gets one installed. It's an extra security system they use when the cars sit on the lot, and then they try to sell it to you when you're going through options. There are MANY things frustrating about this. 1. My brand new car has 2 holes on the dash (hidden yes, but still). 2. When you say you don't want it, they don't even bother removing it! 3. Some random mechanic spliced into the wiring on my brand new car. 4. I never wanted it in the first place.

The dealership told me that all their cars get it and they would gladly remove it. I'm going to remove it myself. What Monk said is too true: I was confused about 'paying for extra security' but didn't bother to think about it. I should have realized something non-oem was on there. Also, the picture of the seat ejection killed me.

Thanks a ton for the help guys, still very stoked on my new car but a little pissed off at the dealership.

1. My brand new car has 2 holes on the dash (hidden yes, but still). 2. When you say you don't want it, they don't even bother removing it! 3. Some random mechanic spliced into the wiring on my brand new car. 4. I never wanted it in the first place.

The dealership told me that all their cars get it and they would gladly remove it. I'm going to remove it myself. What Monk said is too true: I was confused about 'paying for extra security' but didn't bother to think about it. I should have realized something non-oem was on there. Thanks a ton for the help guys.
No problem.
Ya, I wouldn't be happy about them doing this either. It's not OEM and it wasn't asked for.

That dealership sneakin' that in. Buggars!

tumblr_nafy9lwYqu1t0jlg6o3_400.gif

Back