Pulling the wire for the door speaker

Marc Meyers

Ohio
Vehicle Model
Coupe
Body Style
EX
Last night I ran the speaker wire to the driver side door. I used the boot with the reset of the control wire. I ended up pulling the bottom part out of the door and only the side of the other on the car. Pushed a small dowel rod up through, then pushed a small gauge wire through and tied the speaker wire to the small wire and pulled it through. My problem is I can't get the car boot back in place, the door one is easy. How hard is it to unplug the two connector inside the car? Will I just be causing more grief for myself. Any pictures with the connectors unplugged would be great, it hard to see where to pinch them to release them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having trouble following your questions. What "boot" in the car are you referring to that you can't get in place? Connectors unplugged? Are you talking about the speaker wire connectors inside the door?

The rubber boot between the car and the door, it weather proofs the wire harness to the door, I pulled out part on the side of the car, to get my speaker wire through. I'll take picture when I'm home.

This is a picture of it

68819662761fa2c263e884b6d04dfa80.jpg

so the boot is loose on the car side? Isn't it just like a friction fit? I've done it on previous civics and it was literally just a matter of compressing the rubber into the hole in the door and releasing... and the boot would catch?

Yes, it is. It is just kicking my butt, I'll keep working at it.

Back